A dentist anesthesiologist is a dentist who has successfully completed an accredited postdoctoral anesthesiology residency program of three or more years duration, in accord with Commission on Dental Accreditation’s Standards for Dental Anesthesiology Residency Programs, and/or meets the eligibility requirements for examination by the American Dental Board of Anesthesiology.
United States and Canada
The American Dental Board of Anesthesiology examines and certifies dentists who complete an accredited program of anesthesiology training in the United States or Canada. Dentists may then apply for Board Certification through the ADBA which requires ongoing and continual post-graduate education for maintenance.
The American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists is the only organization that represents dentists with three or more years of anesthesiology training.
Dental Anesthesiology is the only specialty of dentistry recognized by both the American Board of Dental Specialties http://dentalspecialties.org and National Commission on Recognition of Dental Specialties and Certifying Boards.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-23. Retrieved 2013-10-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "About the ADBA". Adba.org. Archived from the original on 2016-03-08. Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- "American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists". Asdahq.org. Retrieved 2016-08-27.
- "Member Boards | American Board of Dental Specialties". dentalspecialties.org. Retrieved 2016-07-10.
- "Anesthesiology recognized as a dental specialty". www.ada.org. Retrieved 2019-03-12.