Colonel Dempsey Burgess (1751 – January 13, 1800) was a Democratic-Republican U.S. Congressman from North Carolina between 1795 and 1799. He was commandeer of the Camden County Regiment of the North Carolina militia during the American Revolution.
- Major in the Pasquotank County Regiment of the North Carolina militia - 1775-1776
- Lt. Colonel in the 2nd Pasquotank County Regiment of the North Carolina militia - 1776-1777
- Lt. Colonel in the Camden County Regiment of the North Carolina militia - 1777-1779
- Colonel over the Camden County Regiment (1779)
He died in Camden County, North Carolina on January 13, 1800 and was buried in Shiloh Baptist Churchyard.
- United States Congress. "Dempsey Burgess (id: B001081)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
|U.S. House of Representatives|
William J. Dawson
| Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from North Carolina's 8th congressional district