This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to improve the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
|Delta Phi Lambda|
|Founded||December 5th, 1998
University of Georgia
|Motto||Let Our Light Shine Forth|
|Colors||Navy Blue & Silver|
Delta Phi Lambda (ΔΦΛ, also known as DPhiL and DFL) is an Asian-interest sorority in the United States. It was founded by Anh Ngoc Nguyen and six other women at the University of Georgia on December 5, 1998. The organization aims to promote "Asian awareness to schools and empower women."
Delta Phi Lambda was founded in 1998 by seven women at the University of Georgia.
When Founder Anh Nogc Nguyen arrived at University of Georgia in 1998, she felt that Asians were very underrepresented there. Instead of taking part in the recruitment for Panhellenic, Nguyen at the Asian interest clubs on campus, looking for a "home away from home." Finding that these represented specific cultural/ethnic interests, the instead wanted something to promote both Asian Unity and sisterhood.
Nguyen and her close friends founded Delta Phi Lambda, Inc., as a way to create a sisterhood relevant to her Asian culture.
The sorority's virtues are loyalty, honesty, respect, dedication, integrity, discipline, and academic excellence.
Chapters of Delta Phi Lambda as of November 17, 2017.
- Α - University of Georgia founded in Athens, Georgia on December 5th, 1998
- Β - University of Cincinnati founded in Cincinnati, Ohio on August 17, 2002
- Γ - Georgia State University founded in Atlanta, Georgia on February 4, 2001
- Ε - University of Central Florida founded in Orlando, Florida on May 13, 2005
- Z - Georgia Tech founded in Atlanta, Georgia on March 25, 2007
- H - DePaul University founded in Chicago, Illinois on March 31, 2001
- Θ - Emory University founded in Atlanta, Georgia on March 14, 2002
- Ι - Grand Valley State University founded in Allendale, Michigan on April 11, 2009
- Κ - Loyola University Chicago founded in Chicago, Illinois on April 5, 2003
- Λ - Purdue University founded in West Lafayette, Indiana on April 15, 2001
- Μ - University at Albany founded in Albany, New York on March 31, 2012
- N - Iowa State University founded in Ames, Iowa on March 1, 2015
- University of West Florida founded in Pensacola, Florida on March 27, 2010
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte founded in Charlotte, North Carolina on April 15, 2012
- University of Delaware founded in Newark, Delaware on April 5, 2015
- Clemson University founded in Clemson, South Carolina on April 10, 2016
- University of Connecticut founded in Storrs, Connecticut on April 10, 2016
- University of Iowa founded in Iowa City, Iowa
- Illinois State University founded in Normal, illinois on November 24, 2002
- Melancon, Merritt (2008-08-16). "Sorority about 'finding a place'". Athens Banner-Herald. Archived from the original on 2009-12-04. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "About". Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. Retrieved 2017-11-16.
- "Delta Phi Lambda to host Global Gala Cultural Showcase". Grand Valley Lanthorn. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- "About - National APIDA Panhellenic Association". NAPA. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- Delta Phi Lambda adds Asian spice to Greek system
- "Chapters | Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc". Delta Phi Lambda. Retrieved 2017-11-17.