This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|DCRUST; DCR University; Murthal University|
|Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering, Murthal (1987-2006)|
|Founder||Government of Haryana|
|Affiliation||Association of Commonwealth Universities|
|National Board of Accreditation; National Assessment and Accreditation Council; All India Council for Technical Education|
|Chancellor||Governor of Haryana|
|Vice-Chancellor||Rajendra Kumar Anayath|
|Campus||Area 273 acres (1.10 km2)|
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology (DCRUST), formerly Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering, Murthal (CRSCE), is a state university located in Murthal, Sonipat, Haryana, India. It was established in 2006 by an Act of the Government of Haryana, upgrading a 1986 established college.
It was founded in 1986 by the Government of Haryana in memory of Sir Chhotu Ram (1881–1945). It was then known as the Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering, Murthal until the government of Haryana upgraded it to University on 6 November 2006 through an Act 29 of 2006 of the Legislature of the state of Haryana. The University has been considered eligible for grants under Section 12(B) of UGC Act, 1956 in March, 2009.
The university is located in Murthal on National Highway No. 44 at a distance of 50 km from Inter State Bus Terminal, Delhi and at a distance of 8 km from Sonipat railway station. The campus of the college has been developed on 273 acres (1.10 km2) of land which falls within the industrial and commercial belt extending from Kundli to Panipat.
The university has the following departments:
- Center of Excellence for Energy and Environment Studies (CEEES)
- Computer science
- Electronics and communication
- Materials science & nanotechnology (MSN)
Management and humanities
Sciences and mathematics
- Environmental science
Sonepat Science City, India's third "science city" (a very large science museum), is being developed on 44 acres of land in the DCRUST campus.
The university campus has a total of 7 hostels, three for women and 4 for men. The capacity of the women's hostels is 450; the men's hostels, 966..
|S.No.||Boy's Hostel||Women's hostel|
|1||K.S. Krishnan Hall (BH-1)||Gargi Hall (GH)|
|2||Chandrashekhar Hall (BH-2)||Kalpana Chawla Hall (KCH)|
|3||Hargobind Khurana Hall (BH-3)||Mother Teresa Hall (MTH)|
|4||Aryabhat Hall (BH-4)|
To promote research in specific domains the university has the following collaborations with foreign institutions:
- Memorandum of Understanding with Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences for research in the field of applied sciences under which the students studying in the DCRUST can use the research facilities of HOL university.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Tampere University of Technology
- State University of Performing And Visual Arts
- State Institute of Film and Television
- AICTE (AICTE)
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- List of universities in India
- Rajendra Kumar Anayath (vice chancellor)
- "List of Universities oh Haryana recognised by UGC". Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- "About University". dcrustm.org. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Departments of DCRUST, Murthal". dcrustm.ac.in. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- Haryana to get third science city, Times of India, 2016.
- "Hostel Facilities". dcrustm.ac.in. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Deenbandhu University collaborates with German University". indiancolleges.com. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University in student exchange collaboration with Germany's HOL varsity". The Times Of India. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "www.acu.ac.uk". Archived from the original on 24 December 2010. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology.|