Marlowe in 2018.
|No. 31 – Buffalo Bills|
|Born:||July 25, 1992|
Queens, New York
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||208 lb (94 kg)|
|High school:||Holy Cross|
(Queens, New York)
|College:||James Madison University|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 16, 2019|
Dean Marlowe (born July 25, 1992) is an American football safety for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Carolina Panthers as an undrafted free agent following the 2015 NFL Draft. He played college football at James Madison University.
High school career
As a senior, Marlowe played quarterback and safety on the football team at Holy Cross High School. He along with Stanford wide receiver Devon Cajuste helped lead the Knights to the CHSAA Semi final game where they lost to the third-ranked team in the state St. Anthony's by a score of 27-7. Holy Cross finished the season ranked 18th in the state. Rivals gave him a two-star rating when he signed with James Madison University. He owes his NFL career to Joseph Michael Pagano- Hall of Fame Holy Cross HS Center.
Marlowe played for the James Madison Dukes from 2011 to 2014. He was redshirted in 2010. He recorded career totals of 326 tackles, 12 interceptions and 30 passes defended in 48 games played. He earned First Team All-CAA honors in 2012 and 2014. Marlowe also garnered Second Team All-CAA recognition in 2013 and Third Team honors in 2011.
On September 20, 2016, Marlowe was placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury.
On August 8, 2017, Marlowe was waived/injured by the Panthers and placed on injured reserve. He was released on August 15, 2017.
On September 1, 2018, Marlowe was waived by the Bills and was signed to the practice squad the next day. He was promoted to the active roster on October 6, 2018. He was waived on October 9, 2018 and was re-signed to the practice squad. He was promoted back to the active roster on December 12, 2018.
- "Dean Marlowe". jmusports.com. Archived from the original on March 28, 2016. Retrieved March 28, 2016.
- "Safety Dean Marlowe hopes to be a hit with Carolina Panthers". Charlotte Observer. May 10, 2015.
- "Carolina Panthers trim roster to 53, release Brenton Bersin". CharlotteObserver.com. September 5, 2015.
- "Super Bowl 50 - Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers - February 7th, 2016". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- Jones, Jonathan (February 7, 2016). "No surprises among Carolina Panthers inactives for Super Bowl 50". Charlotte Observer. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- "Dean Marlowe placed on injured reserve". Panthers.com. September 20, 2016.
- Henson, Max (August 8, 2017). "Panthers waive Dean Marlowe, claim Arthur Miley". Panthers.com.
- Brown, Chris (December 5, 2017). "Lawson & Matthews to I-R; Bills elevate Capi & Reilly to active roster". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (January 8, 2018). "Bills sign nine practice squad players to reserve/future contracts". BuffaloBills.com. Archived from the original on January 11, 2018.
- "Bills make these moves to reach the 53-man roster limit". BuffaloBills.com. September 1, 2018.
- Brown, Chris (September 2, 2018). "Bills name eight to the practice squad". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (October 6, 2018). "Bills promote S Marlowe from practice squad". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (October 9, 2018). "Bills sign veteran QB Derek Anderson". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (December 12, 2018). "RB Keith Ford, S Dean Marlowe elevated to active roster". BuffaloBills.com.
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive back born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|