|David di Donatello Award for Best Screenplay|
|Presented by||Accademia del Cinema Italiano|
|First awarded||1975 (for writing in films released during the 1974/1975 film season)|
|Last awarded||2016 (for writing in films released during the 2015/2016 film season)|
The David di Donatello Award for Best Screenplay (Italian: David di Donatello per la migliore sceneggiatura) was a film award presented by the Accademia del Cinema Italiano (ACI, Academy of Italian Cinema) to recognize outstanding screenwriting in a film released in Italy during the year preceding the ceremony. The award was presented annually from 1975 to 2016, when it was split between the Adapted and Original Screenplay categories.
Winners and nominees
Below, winners are listed first in the colored row, followed by other nominees.
|Come Home and Meet My Wife||Age & Scarpelli|
|Eye of the Cat||Alberto Bevilacqua and Nino Manfredi|
|The Bishop's Bedroom||Leo Benvenuti and Piero De Bernardi|
- "Chronology". daviddidonatello.it (in Italian). Accademia del Cinema Italiano. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- Lancia, Enrico (1998). I premi del cinema [The awards of cinema] (in Italian). Rome, Italy: Gremese Editore. pp. 251–252. ISBN 8877422211.
- Santini, Simona (21 February 2017). "David di Donatello 2017, tutte le candidature". Panorama (in Italian). Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "Regolamento". daviddidonatello.it (in Italian). Accademia del Cinema Italiano. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- Daviddidonatello.it (official website)