David Tom Potts
18 March 1957
|Education||Hartshead County Secondary School|
|Alma mater||Hollings College (now Manchester Metropolitan University)|
|Occupation||CEO of Morrisons|
Potts got a summer job at Tesco in Ashton-under-Lyne as a general assistant, while waiting for his O-level results, having already worked in a greengrocers. He failed all five of his O-levels, and has stated, "My lack of success at school was probably to do with playing football all the time".
Having failed his exams, Potts continued working full-time with Tesco. After work, he studied at Tameside College to obtain English and Maths O-levels. Then he studied on day release for a diploma in retailing at Hollings College (now part of Manchester Metropolitan University) in Manchester.
- "David Tom POTTS". Debretts. Retrieved 1 March 2015.[permanent dead link]
- Barry, Chris (13 August 2004). "Pure passion drives David". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "Morrisons names David Potts as new chief executive". BBC. 25 February 2015. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- "No. 60367". The London Gazette (Supplement). 29 December 2012. pp. 7–8.
- "David Potts - Chief Executive Officer - updated biography". Morrisons. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
| Chief Executive Officer of Morrisons
2015 to present