This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Member of the Oregon Senate|
from the 29th district
|Preceded by||Gordon H. Smith|
|Succeeded by||Bill Hansell|
|Born||August 6, 1941|
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley|
University of Oregon (Bachelor's)
Nelson and his wife Alice have four children. They also have four grandchildren.
He was first elected to the Senate in 1996, and reelected in 2000, 2004, and 2008.
David Nelson has had the following experience:
- Senator, Oregon State Senate, 1996–2013
- Oregon State Senate Majority Leader, 2001
- County Attorney, Pondera County, Montana, 1971-1975
David Nelson has been a member of the following organizations:
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Babe Ruth Association
- Member, Eastern Oregon Symphony
- Member, Education Foundation of Pendleton
- Member, Oregon Wheat League
- Member, Pendleton Swim Association
- Member, Rotary Club
He attended the University of California at Berkeley, but then transferred to the University of Oregon, where he earned a bachelor's degree in Political Science in 1964. He then managed, and later purchased, a wheat farm in Brady, Montana. He earned a law degree from the University of Montana Law School in 1967.
|This article about an Oregon politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|