This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Suffragan Bishop in Europe|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese in Europe|
|Ordination||1981 (deacon); 1982 (priest)|
by John Bothwell
|Consecration||17 October 2002|
by George Carey
|Born||18 June 1955|
|Nationality||British and Canadian|
|Alma mater||McMaster University, Trinity College Toronto|
Hamid was born on 18 June 1955 in Scotland, to Scottish and Burmese parents. He holds dual British and Canadian citizenship. He was educated at Nelson High School in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. He studied at McMaster University, graduating with a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in 1978. He then matriculated into Trinity College, Toronto, and graduated from the Toronto School of Theology with a Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree in 1981.
Hamid was ordained in the Anglican Church of Canada as a deacon in June 1981 and as a priest in 1982. After ordination he was curate at St Christopher's, Burlington, Ontario, and then rector of St John's in the same city. Following this he was mission co-ordinator for Latin America and the Caribbean for the Anglican Church of Canada and then (his last post before his ordination to the episcopate), the Director of Ecumenical Affairs and Studies of the Anglican Communion. On 17 October 2002, at Southwark Cathedral, he was one (with Richard Cheetham and David Hawkins) of the last three people to be ordained and consecrated a bishop by George Carey before his retirement as Archbishop of Canterbury.
Hamid has been married since 1978 and they have two children.
- The Reverend David Hamid (1981–1992)
- The Reverend Canon David Hamid (1992–2002)
- The Right Reverend David Hamid (2002–present)
- "Diocesan profile". Archived from the original on 2008-05-17. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- Debrett's People of Today, London, 2008 Debrett's, ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9
- "Worldwide Faith News archives". Archived from the original on 2008-11-23. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "David Hamid". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "Hamid, David". Who's Who. 2015 (November 2014 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 11 November 2015. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- "Home to Dagenham at the end". Church Times (#7285). 11 October 2002. p. 3. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 22 July 2017 – via UK Press Online archives.
- "Consecration & Commissioning of the The Venerable Richard Cheetham as 11th Bishop of Kingston". Southwark.anglican.org. 15 October 2002. Archived from the original on 11 March 2012. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- Diocese in Europe — ...new Suffragan Bishop
|Church of England titles|
| Suffragan Bishop in Europe
|This article about a Canadian bishop or archbishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Anglican bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|