|Bishop of Bolton|
|Diocese||Diocese of Manchester|
|Ordination||c. 1962 (deacon); c. 1963 (priest)|
|Born||1 February 1934|
|Died||20 March 2005(aged 71)|
|Parents||George & Alice|
|Spouse||Shirley Wilkinson (m. 1960; d. 2004)|
|Children||1 son; 2 daughters|
|Previous post||Archdeacon of Rochdale (1982–1991)|
|Alma mater||King's College London|
Educated at King's College London Bonser studied for ordination at St Boniface Missionary College, Warminster. He became an Associate of King's College (AKC) in 1961 and later obtained an MA from the University of Manchester (1975).
He embarked upon curacies in Heckmondwike and Sheffield. From 1968 until 1972 he was Rector of St Clement's, Chorlton-cum-Hardy, and latterly an Honorary Canon of Manchester Cathedral. For nine years after that he was Archdeacon of Rochdale before elevation to the suffragan bishopric of Bolton in 1991. He retired eight years later and died on 20 March 2005.
- ‘BONSER, Rt Rev. David’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, 1920–2008; online edition, Oxford University Press, December 2007 , accessed 4 July 2012
- Crockford's Clerical Directory (97th edn, London, 2001), p. 76
- Debrett's People of Today; ed. P. Ellis. London: Debrett's, 1992; p. 1621 ISBN 1-870520-09-2
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1975-76 London: Oxford University Press, 1976 ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- The Times, Monday, Sep 03, 1984; p. 12; Issue 61926; col C "Archdeacon of Rochdale officiates at wedding"
- Details of memorial service
|Church of England titles|
| Archdeacon of Rochdale
| Bishop of Bolton
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|