|51st Attorney General of Ohio|
|Assumed office |
January 14, 2019
|Preceded by||Mike DeWine|
|32nd Auditor of Ohio|
January 10, 2011 – January 12, 2019
|Preceded by||Mary Taylor|
|Succeeded by||Keith Faber|
|Born||December 22, 1956|
|Education||Ohio State University (BA)|
Capital University (JD)
David Anthony Yost (born December 22, 1956) is an American lawyer who currently serves as the 51st Attorney General of Ohio. He previously held the positions of Ohio Auditor of State, Delaware County Auditor from 1999 to 2003 and County Prosecutor from 2003 to 2011.
Family, education and early career
Dave Yost graduated from The Ohio State University with a B.A. degree in Journalism. He became a journalist with the Columbus Citizen-Journal. He went on to serve in senior positions within the administrations of Columbus Mayor Buck Rinehart and Ohio Governor George Voinovich. He then earned a Juris Doctor from Capital University Law School.
Yost was appointed Delaware County Auditor in 1999. In 2003, he became the Delaware County Prosecutor. Attorney General Yost and his wife Darlene live in Franklin County. They have three children and three grandchildren.
Antitrust investigations into big tech
In September 2019 Yost was one out of nine State Attorney Generals that launched an antitrust investigation into Facebook & Google, to see if they were stifling the competition in their respective fields.
|Ohio Auditor Republican Primary Election, 2010|
|Ohio Auditor Election, 2010|
|Ohio Auditor Election, 2014|
|Republican||Dave Yost (inc.)||1,711,927||56.98|
|Democratic||John Patrick Carney||1,149,305||38.25|
|Ohio Attorney General Election, 2018|
- "Ohio Auditor Dave Yost Lincoln Day Dinner Speaker in Cambridge". www.toledoblade.com. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Naymik, Mark (January 25, 2010). "Delaware County Prosecutor David Yost leaves Ohio attorney general race for auditor's race". Cleveland "Plain Dealer".
- Ingles, Jo. "Ohio Lawmakers Support Yost in Investigation of Facebook and Google". www.wksu.org. Retrieved October 18, 2019.
- "State Attorneys General Want To Know If Facebook And Google Are Too Big". NPR.org. Retrieved October 18, 2019.
- "Republican David Yost defeats Pepper for Ohio auditor". www.toledoblade.com. Toledo Blade. March 11, 2010. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- Gomez, Henry J. (January 24, 2017). "Ohio Auditor Dave Yost launches attorney general bid". cleveland.com.
| Auditor of Ohio
| Attorney General of Ohio