|Born:||June 8, 1952|
New York, New York
|Died:||June 19, 2013 (aged 61)|
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
|1974–1984||New York Giants|
|1985–1987||New York Jets|
|Career highlights and awards|
David Tuthill Jennings (June 8, 1952 – June 19, 2013) was an American football punter who played in the National Football League (NFL) from 1974 to 1987. He played for the New York Giants and the New York Jets. He worked as a radio color commentator for Giants games from 2002 until 2007, when he was replaced by former Giants linebacker Carl Banks. He had also worked as a radio commentator for Jets games from 1988 to 2001. Jennings worked as a game analyst alongside WFAN Giants announcers Bob Papa and Dick Lynch. In addition to his booth work, Jennings was a part of the Giants pre and post game shows, covering player interviews from the locker room. Jennings, who had Parkinson's disease, left broadcasting altogether following the 2008 season.
Jennings died following a lengthy battle with Parkinson's disease on June 19, 2013, eleven days after his 61st birthday.
- "Dave Jennings". Pro Football Reference. Archived from the original on 2010-12-16. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- Raissman, Bob (2007-09-06). "Banks enters radio booth". Daily News. New York. Archived from the original on 2007-09-10. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- Vacchiano, Ralph (2013-06-20). "Dave Jennings, former All-Pro punter for the NY Giants, dead at 61". Daily News. New York. Archived from the original on 2013-06-23. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "Pro Football; Jennings Joins Giants in Booth". The New York Times. 2002-07-27. Archived from the original on 2015-05-27. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "The MikeFrancesa.com Mike's On & WFAN Message Board Forum". www.mikefrancesa.com. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- Raissman, Bob (2005-06-19). "His Secret Pain. After 10 years, Jennings reveals battle with Parkinson's". Daily News. New York. Retrieved 2010-11-09.[permanent dead link]
- "Former Giants, Jets Punter And Broadcaster Dave Jennings Dies At 61". CBS New York. CBS. June 29, 2013. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- Grimsley, Will (1979-02-17). "Gridders Make Like Oarsmen". The Press-Courier. Oxnard. p. 13. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "Giant Punter Beacon Guest". The Evening News. Newburgh. 1975-12-04. p. 2D. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "ABC7 Eyewitness News - WABC-TV New York". ABC7 New York. Archived from the original on 5 August 2015. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
|This biographical article relating to an American football punter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|