|Full name||Daryl Kavanagh|
|Date of birth||11 August 1986|
|Place of birth||Carrick on Suir, Ireland|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Lansdowne Bhoys FC|
|2011||St Patrick's Athletic||32||(7)|
|2013–2014||St Patrick's Athletic||21||(2)|
|2016–||Lansdowne Bhoys FC|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:33, 18 June 2015 (UTC)|
Daryl "Dil" Kavanagh (born 11 August 1986) is an Irish footballer who last played for Drogheda United in the League of Ireland Premier Division. His former clubs include Carrick United (3 spells), Waterford United (2 spells), Cobh Ramblers, Limerick, St Patrick's Athletic (2 spells), Shamrock Rovers, Cork City and Sligo Rovers.
He signed for Waterford United from the successful Carrick United junior side. After a "bedding-in" season he established himself in the Blues first team with a series of skilful displays from midfield. A serious leg injury curtailed his development, but he returned to Premier Division action with Cobh Ramblers in July 2008.
He signed again for Waterford United in July 2010 from Limerick F.C. but his contract with the Waterford United was terminated towards the end of the 2010 season for his off the field activities and addictions. Kavanagh attended a 28-day rehab for drink and drug addictions in 2010.
St Patrick's Athletic
He signed for St Patrick's Athletic in January 2011 after performing well at the FIFPro Winter tournament, taking the number 7 shirt previously worn by David McAllister, who left the Saints in the same month to join Sheffield United. Kavanagh scored his first goal for the Saints in a 2–0 win over Bray Wanderers at the Carlisle Grounds in the Leinster Senior Cup on 14 March 2011. Kavanagh scored his first league goals for Pats' against Drogheda, scoring two fine goals on Friday 29 April 2011. Kavanagh followed up on his first league goals by scoring against Galway United on the following Monday. Kavanagh scored the winning goal in the 1–0 win over Dublin rivals Bohemians. He scored a week later against University College Dublin A.F.C..
Return to St Patrick's Athletic
Kavanagh signed a contract with his old club, league leaders St Patrick's Athletic until the end of the season on the League of Ireland Summer Transfer Deadline Day, 31 July 2013. He made his return on 2 August in a 0-0 draw against Drogheda United at Richmond Park. Kavanagh's first goal since his return came against Bohemians at Richmond Park on 30 August. He scored the vital second goal in a 2–0 win over Dundalk in a huge match in the 2013 League of Ireland title run in. Kavanagh won his first League of Ireland title as Pats beat Sligo Rovers 2–0 on 13 October 2013 to win the league.
After making just 1 league start for Pats in the 2014 season, scoring no league goals, Kavanagh left in search of first team football and joined Sligo Rovers on the League of Ireland Transfer Deadline Day, 31 July 2014. Kavanagh made his debut for Sligo against Athlone Town and made one other appearance against Bray Wanderers, in which he sustained a calf injury that would end his season. This injury resulted in Kavanagh being released by mutual agreement just over a month after signing for Sligo, after the club agreed to his request in order to facilitate his rehab on the injury closer to his home in Tipperary.
Kavanagh has admittied being addicted to drugs, alcohol and gambling. He sought help for these problems and attended rehab for 28 days in 2010.
Kavanagh claims to be rehabilitated and said in an Irish Times interview that he "had a few problems over the years with drinking and drugs and trouble-wise," he continued to say "there were thefts, attempted thefts, attempted robberies and stuff. I had drunk and disorderlies against me as well." Kavanagh has said "It's a life I want to leave behind me."
- St Patrick's Athletic
- Shamrock Rovers
- Leinster Senior Cup (1): 2012
- "Blues snap up Daryl Kavanagh". extratime.ie. 30 July 2010. Archived from the original on 1 April 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Waterford United Terminates Contract of Daryl Kavanagh". waterford-united.ie. 6 October 2010. Archived from the original on 9 March 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Irish Times article (requires subscription)
- "SQUAD ANNOUNCED FOR FIFPRO TOURNAMENT". pfai.ie. Professional Footballers' Association of Ireland. 10 January 2011. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Daily Mail article[dead link]
- "SAINTS CAPTURE KAVANAGH". stpatsfc.com. 19 January 2011. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- St Patrick's Athletic match report
- "KAVANAGH STRIKE SEALS WIN FOR SAINTS". stpatsfc.com. 20 May 2011. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Kenny makes further signings". shamrockrovers.ie. 15 January 2012. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Daryl Kavanagh: 'Rehab is the best thing I've ever done'". fifpro.org. 6 July 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.