دار العلوم حقانیہ
|Established||September 23, 1947|
|Founder||Maulana Abdul Haq|
Darul Uloom Haqqania[pronunciation?] (Urdu: دار العلوم حقانیہ) is an Islamic religious seminary located in Akora Khattak, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan. The seminary propagates the Deobandi trend of Sunni Islam and was founded along the lines of Darul Uloom Deoband. It has been dubbed as The University of Jihad due to the methods and content of instruction along with the future occupations of its alumni.
The Chancellor of Darul Uloom Haqqania was Maulana Sami ul Haq of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (Sami ul haq). The seminary is also known for having many senior leaders of the Afghanistan Taliban among its alumni, including Mullah Omar, and its role in supporting the Taliban and the Mujahideen in the past.
Following are the notable alumni who graduated from Darul Uloom Haqqania. All of them graduated during the Soviet Afghan war and later took part in the war and fought against the Soviet union in Afghanistan.
- Jalaluddin Haqqani, leader of the Haqqani Network
- Akhtar Mansoor, former leader of the Taliban.
- Mullah Omar, former leader of the Taliban, received an honorary doctorate.
- EU snub for hardline Pakistan MP, BBC News Online, 20 April 2005.
- Hussain, Zahid (2008-07-01). Frontline Pakistan: The Struggle with Militant Islam. Columbia University Press. ISBN 9780231142250.
- Inside Islam's "terror schools", William Dalrymple, New Statesman, 28 March 2005.
- The Father of the Taliban: An Interview with Maulana Sami ul-Haq , Imtiaz Ali, Spotlight on Terror, The Jamestown Foundation, Volume 4, Issue 2, May 23, 2007.
- The 'university of holy war', Haroon Rashid, BBC Online, 2 October 2003.
- Green, Matthew (2011-11-13). "'Father of Taliban' urges US concessions". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- "Al Qaeda's shadowy new 'emir' in South Asia handed tough job". Reuters. 10 September 2014. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "Profile: Mullah Akhtar Mansoor". published by Telegraph Media Group Limited 30 Jul 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-02.
- Pakistan religious schools get scrutiny, Mark Magnier, Los Angeles Times, May 30, 2009.
- Education mullah style, Tony Cross, Radio France Internationale, 11 May 2008
- Pakistan: The Taliban takeover, Ziauddin Sardar, New Statesman, 30 April 2007
- Maulana Sami ul-Haq: Father of the Taliban, Center for Strategic and International Studies Post-Conflict Reconstruction Project, 27 Jan 2009