|Order of the Royal Family of Malaysia|
|Awarded by |
The Sovereign of Malaysia
|Established||18 April 1966|
|Eligibility||Yang di-Pertuan Agong only|
|Awarded for||Installation as the Yang di-Pertuan Agong (King)|
|Sovereign||Yang di-Pertuan Agong|
|Total inductees||12 Members|
|Next (higher)||Grand Knight of Valour|
|Next (lower)||Order of the Crown of the Realm|
Ribbon bar of the Order
The Most Excellent Order of the Royal Family of Malaysia (Malay: Darjah Yang Maha Utama Kerabat Diraja Malaysia) is a Malaysian federal award conferred to the Malay rulers who were appointed as the Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia. It only has one rank.
This award is limited to 10 living recipients only at any time. The award was instituted on 18 April 1966 and gazetted on 30 June 1966. The last award was granted in 2019. It does not carry any title.
The D.K.M. comprises a collar, a star and a badge.
The collar is made of gold-plated silver. The gold star is in a radial form with an embossed fern motive.
The sash is made from red silk and the end is tied with a ribbon. The badge is also in a radial form and surmounted by a hibiscus. It suspends from the Malaysian Royal Crown.
The sash is worn from the left shoulder to the right hip.
The recipients does not receive any title.
- 1960: Putra of Perlis
- 1965: Ismail Nasiruddin of Terengganu
- 1970: Abdul Halim of Kedah
- 1975: Yahya Petra of Kelantan
- 1980: Ahmad Shah of Pahang
- 1984: Iskandar of Johor
- 1989: Azlan Shah of Perak
- 1994: Ja'afar of Negeri Sembilan
- 1999: Salahuddin of Selangor
- 2002: Sirajuddin of Perlis
- 2007: Mizan Zainal Abidin of Terengganu
- 2017: Muhammad V of Kelantan
- 2019: Abdullah of Pahang
Currently living recipients
- "Semakan Penerima Darjah Kebesaran, Bintang dan Pingat".
- "PANDUAN PENCALONAN DKBPP 2018" (PDF). Bahagian Istiadat & Urusetia Persidangan Antarabangsa. Retrieved 2018-09-05. (in Malay)
- Istiadat Pertabalan Ke Bawah DYMM Seri Paduka Baginda YDPA XV [Installation Ceremony of His Majesty Yang di-Pertuan Agong XV] (in Malay). Department of Information Malaysia. 2017. p. 68. ISBN 978-983-54-0595-2.
- "Noblesse et Royautés", article showing photos of guests invited to Prince William's wedding. A photo shows the king wearing it on the left shoulder