|Full name||Dario Alejandro Gasco|
|Born||20 January 1987|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lb)|
|2005||Zenith MTB International Team|
Dario Alejandro Gasco (born January 20, 1987 in Concepción, Tucumán) is an Argentine professional mountain biker. He won a bronze medal in men's cross-country racing at the 2007 Pan American Games, and later represented his nation Argentina at the 2008 Summer Olympics. Throughout his sporting career, Gasco has been training and riding for four consecutive seasons on Zenith MTB International, and Spain's Massi Cycling Team.
Gasco spotted officially on his major international debut at the 2007 Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where he delivered a bronze-medal time of 2:07:37 in the men's cross-country race, trailing behind U.S. rider Adam Craig and Brazil's Rubens Donizete within a two-minute gap.
At the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, Gasco qualified for the Argentine squad in the men's cross-country race by receiving an invitational berth from the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI), based on his best performance at the World and Pan American Championships. He scored a twenty-seventh place in a 4.8-km sturdy, treacherous cross-country course with a time of 2:07:04.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Dario Alejandro Gasco". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "Darío Gasco sigue brillando en España" [Dario Gasco continues to shine in Spain] (in Spanish). La Gaceta. 12 March 2008. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Darío Gasco y el bronce: "El orgullo es enorme"" [Dario Gasco and his bronze medal: "Pride is enormous."] (in Spanish). Clarín. 15 July 2007. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "U.S. scores gold and silver in Pan Am Games mountain bike event". USA Cycling. 14 July 2007. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Darío Gasco, un biker que nació para hacer historia desde Concepción" [Dario Gasco, a biker who made history from Concepción] (in Spanish). Primera Fuente. 2008. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Men's Cross-Country Race". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 19 August 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- ""Unbeatable" Absalon wins his second gold". Agence France-Presse. Velo News. 22 August 2008. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- Jones, Rob (23 August 2008). "French dominate the rest of the World". Cyclingnews.com. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- NBC Olympics Profile at the Wayback Machine (archived 2013-10-31)
- Dario Alejandro Gasco at Cycling Archives
|This biographical article relating to Argentine cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|