This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Brooks at the 2014 Daytime Emmy Awards Nominees Cocktail Reception in June 2014
Darin Lee Brooks
May 27, 1984
Kelly Kruger (m. 2016)
Darin Lee Brooks (born May 27, 1984) is an American actor. He is best known for portraying Max Brady on the NBC daytime soap opera Days of Our Lives, Alex Moran on the Spike TV series Blue Mountain State, and Wyatt Spencer on the CBS soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful.
Brooks started his acting career with the theater program at his high school. He played Rapunzel's prince in his high school's production of Into the Woods. He later enrolled in acting classes, began modeling, and worked as an extra in films. He was discovered by casting director Kathy Henderson.
When Brooks moved to Los Angeles, California, he called Henderson immediately, took acting classes at the renowned Ivana Chubbuck Studios, and got an agent. Two years after the move, he was portraying Max Brady on the NBC drama series Days of Our Lives. He later starred as Alex Moran on the Spike TV series Blue Mountain State. In 2010, Brooks starred as Mr. Blake Owens on the web series Miss Behave. In June 2013, Brooks began playing Wyatt Spencer on the CBS soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful.
Brooks enjoys playing the guitar, bass guitar, and drums. In 2010, he started dating actress Kelly Kruger. In February 2014, they partnered with an organization called Aid Still Required. In March 2016, he and Kruger got married. In April 2019, it was announced that he and Kruger were expecting their first child. The couple's child named Everleigh Jolie Brooks was born on September 22, 2019.
|2005||Staring at the Sun||Smoker #1||Short|
|2012||Bad Girls||Benny||Television film|
|2012||The Seven Year Hitch||Kevin||Television film|
|2016||Blue Mountain State: The Rise of Thadland||Alex Moran||Movie|
|2005–2010||Days of Our Lives||Max Brady||Regular role|
|2010–2011||Blue Mountain State||Alex Moran||Regular role|
|2010||Miss Behave||Mr. Owens||Recurring role|
|2011||CSI: Miami||Ian Kaufman||Guest role; "F-T-F"|
|2011||Castle||Nick, Jr.||Guest role; "Slice of Death"|
|2013||Bloomers||Ryan||Guest role; "Unexpecting" and "Mum's the Word"|
|2013–present||The Bold and the Beautiful||Wyatt Spencer||Regular role|
|2013||Super Fun Night||Jason||Guest role; "Engagement Party" and "Dinner Party"|
|2017||2 Broke Girls||Frank||Guest role; "And the Alley-Oops"|
Awards and nominations
|2008||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series||Days of Our Lives||Nominated|
|2009||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series||Days of Our Lives||Won|
|2014||Indie Series Awards||Bloomers||Nominated|
- "CBS Daytime Stars On How They Met Their Sweethearts". CBS. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- Logan, Michael (May 15, 2013). "Exclusive: Emmy Winner Darin Brooks Joins The Bold and the Beautiful". TV Guide. Retrieved June 4, 2013.
- Di Lauro, Janet. "Catching up with Darin Brooks". About.com. Retrieved June 25, 2014.
- Parziale, Dan (February 6, 2014). "Tag Archives: Darin Brooks". Aidstillrequired.org. Retrieved June 25, 2014.
- Stone, Natalie (April 15, 2019). "Kelly Kruger Expecting First Child with Husband Darin Brooks 'After About a Year of Trying'". People. United States: Time Inc. Archived from the original on April 15, 2019. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- Boucher, Ashley (September 26, 2019). "Darin Brooks and Kelly Kruger Welcome Daughter Everleigh Jolie: 'We Can't Believe She's Finally Here'". People. United States: Time Inc. Archived from the original on September 26, 2019. Retrieved September 26, 2019.