|Dean||Elrie LaBrent “Brent” Chrite, PhD|
|Location||Denver, Colorado, USA|
|Affiliations||University of Denver|
The Daniels College of Business is one of twelve graduate programs at the University of Denver. Founded in 1908, the Daniels College of Business is the eighth oldest business school in the United States. Daniels is a top-ranked American business school and currently enrolls approximately 2,293 students, divided between graduate, undergraduate programs, and dual undergraduate/graduate programs.
Daniels is the eighth oldest collegiate business school in the country, and has been continuously accredited by AACSB International since 1923. It was established in 1908 as the School of Commerce, Accounts and Finance at the University of Denver, the oldest private university in the Rocky Mountain Region, founded in 1864. Its name was changed to the College of Business Administration in 1946 and then again in 1994 to the Daniels College of Business.
Classes were first held in downtown Denver in the Haish Building and, after moving several times, the Daniels College of Business Building opened in 1999. In 1989, Bill Daniels, a Denver cable television pioneer, presented the University of Denver with a challenge grant to update the graduate business curriculum. The redesigned program combined traditional disciplines such as finance, management and marketing with the development of ethics and value-based leadership.
The $22 million Daniels College of Business building was opened in 1999. The building houses breakout team study rooms and a commons area for informal student and faculty gatherings. It is also an “unwired” building, with wireless Internet and over 3,400 data and voice ports, an electronic business research center and a state-of-the-art IT laboratory.
- B.S. Business Administration
- The Denver MBA - Full-time
- MBA@Denver - Online
- Professional Part-time MBA
- Executive MBA
- Master of Accountancy
- M.S. Applied Quantitative Finance
- M.S. Business Analytics
- M.S. Management
- M.S. Marketing
- M.S. Real Estate and The Built Environment
The school also offers Graduate Business Certificates, Dual Masters Degrees, and Undergraduate and Graduate Dual Degrees
- Ranked one of the Top 15 Most Innovative MBA Programs by Inc. Magazine (2016)
- Among the approximately 643 business schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Daniels is in the top 15% of undergraduate programs and the top 5% of graduate programs.
- Daniels was ranked #5 regionally and 25th nationally in 2011 by Business Week for its part-time MBA programs. Its undergraduate business program was ranked 57th in the county and #1 in Colorado.
- Daniels College of Business has been recognized by The Wall Street Journal in various general and specific categories, including no. 20 Overall among North American regional schools in 2007
- #72 among Best Undergraduate Business Programs by U.S. News and World Report
- In 2011, Daniels ranked #2 in the world for small MBA programs, and #15 for integrating social and environmental issues into its MBA program in Beyond Grey Pinstripes, an alternative ranking of business schools by The Aspen Institute.
- The Financial Times ranked Daniels #35 in the United States, among Executive MBA programs for 2011.
- Shahzada Jamal Nazir, former Federal Minister for the ministries of National Health Services, Religious Affairs, National Heritage & Integration and National Harmony, Government of Pakistan (largest portfolio in interim 2013 cabinet); and also former Adviser/Minister of State for the Government of Pakistan under Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani.
- Pete V. Domenici - US Senator for New Mexico
- Byron Dorgan - US Senator for North Dakota
- Michael Enzi - US Senator for Wyoming
- Mark Gasta - CHRO and SVP, Vail Resorts
- Ted Kleisner - President/CEO, Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company
- Jim Lentz - President, Toyota USA
- Scott Mitchell Rosenberg - CEO/Chairman Platinum Studios; Founder, Malibu Comics
- Joe Saunders - Chairman and CEO, VISA
- Robert Swieringa - Anne and Elmer Lindseth Dean Emeritus and Professor of Accounting, Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University
- Andrew (Andy) C. Taylor—Chairman and CEO, Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Pam Turbeville - President & CEO Navistar Chicago
- Peter H. Coors- Chairman of the Board, Molson Coors Brewing Company
- James C. Kennedy- Chairman, Cox Enterprises, Inc.
- Imran Khan-Chief Strategy Officer, Snap Inc.
- The Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business Denver, University of, Daniels College of Business. Retrieved on 2008-11-03.
- The Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business Colorado, Denver U of, Business School. Retrieved on 2008-11-03.
- BusinessWeek (2012)"Business School Rankings and Profiles" Archived September 16, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved on 2008-11-03.
- U.S. News and World Report (2013)University of Denver - Best Colleges - Education. Retrieved on 2012-17-05.
- Beyond Grey Pinstripes (2011)"Rankings: The Global 100". Retrieved on 2012-17-05.
- Financial Times - EMBA Rankings 2008 Financial Times - EMBA Rankings. Retrieved on 2008-11-12.
- Daniels College of Business Daniels is ranked by the Financial Times among the best in the world. Retrieved on 2008-11-12.