Wagon while playing for Parramatta in 2008
|Full name||Daniel David Wagon|
|Born||30 April 1976|
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Height||187 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||98 kg (15 st 6 lb)|
As of 5 October 2008
Daniel Wagon (born 30 April 1976) is an Australian professional rugby league coach who is the head coach of the Limoux Grizzlies in the Elite One Championship. He is a former professional rugby league footballer who played for the Aston DSC Bulls in the AMNRL. He primarily played in the back row. He previously played for the St. George Dragons and Parramatta Eels in the National Rugby League where he started his career out in the centres before moving to the back row.
He played his junior rugby league for New South Wales junior side Maclean. Wagon was part of the Parramatta sides which suffered preliminary final heartbreak in 1999 and 2000. Wagon was selected to represent Queensland as five-eighth for all three games of the 2001 State of Origin series. At the end of the season he played for the Parramatta Eels at lock forward in their 2001 NRL grand final loss to the Newcastle Knights.
In 2005, Wagon made 15 appearances for Parramatta as the club won the minor premiership and made it all the way to the preliminary final before suffering a shock 29-0 defeat to North Queensland. Wagon subsequently played for Parramatta in their unsuccessful finals campaigns in 2006 and 2007. Wagon played one further year for Parramatta in 2008, making 17 appearances. In total, Wagon suffered 4 preliminary final defeats and a grand final loss at the club in a period where the eels fell short of a long awaited premiership.
Return to Australia
Wagon was one of the international players invited to the launch of the proposed NRLUS competition in the United States in July 2010. He also joined the Aston Bulls of the semi-professional American National Rugby League (AMNRL), making him the highest profile player in the AMNRL. He is due to arrive in May 2010 to begin training with the club in preparation for their first match for the Philadelphia Fight.
- First Grade Debut: for St. George against Illawarra, on 22 March 1997 (Round 3)
- Origin Selection: for Queensland Origin, 2001
- Test Selection: for the Kangaroo Tour of England in 2001, though he did not play a game on the three test tour.
- 2001 minor premiership winner : With Parramatta
- 2005 minor premiership winner : With Parramatta
- "Official Player Numbers". Parramatta Eels.
- "2009 NRL Player Movements". NRL Live. 4 October 2008. Archived from the original on 5 October 2008. Retrieved 4 October 2008.
- Muir, Les (22 June 2009). "Daniel Jumps On Tigers Bandwagon". The Daily Advertiser. Retrieved 22 June 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 24 April 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-01.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Whiticker, Alan; Hudson, Glen (2007). The Encyclopedia of Rugby League Players. Wetherill Park, New South Wales: Gary Allen Pty Ltd. p. 609. ISBN 978-1-877082-93-1.