Daniel Ineye Llyod
|Alma mater||Enugu State University of Science and Technology|
Daniel Lloyd who is predominantly known for his roles in Nollywood movies is a Nigerian talent manager and actor who once managed the Nigerian artist named Timaya and is one of the few Nigerian actors to feature in Bollywood movie productions. In 2016 Lloyd was nominated for Most Promising Actor of the Year (English) at the City People Entertainment Awards.
Early life and education
Lloyd is from the Ijaw tribe in Bayelsa State which is a south-south geographical area of Nigeria occupied predominantly by the minority tribes in Nigeria as well as the Igbo people. Lloyd although hailing from south-south Nigeria was born in Lagos State which is south-west Nigeria and attended university in Enugu State which is south-east Nigeria. Lloyd graduated from the Enugu State University of Science and Technology with a B.Sc. degree in civil engineering.
Lloyd began acting in his local church within Nigeria where he was a member of the church drama group. Lloyd then decided to enrol in a “Street to star competition” in Rivers State, specifically in Port-Harcourt which was a talent hunt event organized by the Nigerian actress Hilda Dokubo and her husband named Karo Mrakpor in alliance with the Rivers State government. Lloyd emerged as the first runner up as he finished second best in the event. Lloyd's official acting career debuted in 2006 with a movie titled Tempted to touch. However his big break into the Nigerian movie industry was featuring in a TV series soap opera titled “Pradah” by Nollywood actress Tricia Eseigbe. He played the role of a character called Patrick.
Lloyd is one of the first Nigerian actors to feature in the Indian movie industry commonly known as Bollywood in a movie titled J.U.D.E where he played the role of a character named Jude. In some reputable print media houses within Nigeria he is reported to be the first Nigerian actor to appear in an Indian movie whilst others report this to be arguable.
Lloyd asides being an actor, used to be a talent manager and managed the Nigerian artist Timaya whom he met at the “straight to star” talent hunt show event in Port Harcourt in 2006 whilst Timaya was in the music category of the show, Lloyd was in the acting category of the show.
Award and nomination
- Nominated for Most Promising Actor of the Year (English) at the City People Entertainment Awards in 2016.
Lloyd's father was an engineer who worked for Shell oil company in Nigeria and encouraged Llyod to become an engineer as well and was upset with Llyod for abandoning his engineering career for acting after obtaining a degree in civil engineering.
- Timeless Love
- The Wrong Number
- Love Triangle
- Our Dirty Little Secrets
- The Chronicles (2018)
- The Friend Zone (2017) as Dennis
- A Love Story (2017)
- Hire A Man (2017)
- The Real Side Chicks (2017)
- Flirting with Fifty (2017)
- Hello (2016)
- Gidi Blues (2016)
- Desperate Baby Mama (2015) as Greg
- Forever Within Us (2015)
- Pradah as Patrick
- Tempted to Touch (2006)
- "Timaya still my friend –Daniel Lloyd". Punch Newspapers. Retrieved 2019-12-30.
- "'I left Timaya because I wanted to try something new' -Daniel Lloyd | Encomium Magazine". Retrieved 2019-12-30.
- ""Suru L'ere," "Tinsel," Adeniyi Johnson, Mide Martins among nominees". Pulse Nigeria. 2016-07-11. Retrieved 2019-12-30.
- "Acting has changed my perception about life-Daniel Lloyd". Daily Times Nigeria. 2016-08-31. Retrieved 2019-12-30.
- "Society doesn't allow Nigerian women to be romantic – Daniel Lloyd". Vanguard News. 2017-09-23. Retrieved 2019-12-30.
- "Daniel Lloyd: From managing artistes to acting". Daily Times Nigeria. 2018-05-23. Retrieved 2019-12-30.
- "Timaya still my friend – ex-manager Daniel Lloyd". TheCapital. 2016-08-21. Retrieved 2019-12-30.
- "I refused to be typecast as a gigolo –Daniel Lloyd". Punch Newspapers. Retrieved 2019-12-30.
- "The Chronicles, a historical movie hits big screen". guardian.ng. Retrieved 2019-12-30.