This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Daniel Gros (born 1955) is a German economist. He is the Director of the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), a European think tank. He worked for the CEPS from 1986 to 1988 and has worked there continuously since 1990. His current research primarily focuses on EU economic policy, specifically on the impact of the euro on capital and labour markets, as well as on the international role of the euro, especially in Central and Eastern Europe. He also monitors the transition towards market economies and the process of enlargement of the European Union towards the east.
Gros was born and raised in Germany. He attended the University of Rome where he received a Laurea in Economia e Commercio. He also received his PhD in Economics from the University of Chicago in 1984.
Gros has previously worked for the International Monetary Fund from 1983–1986, served as an Economic Advisor to the Directorate General II of the European Commission from 1988–1990 co-authoring the study targeted to design the Euro, and served as an advisor to the European Parliament from 1998-2005.
He has also taught at the College of Europe (campus of Natolin) and at numerous other universities throughout Europe including the Catholic University of Leuven, the University of Frankfurt, the University of Basel, Bocconi University, the Kiel Institute of World Studies and the Central European University in Prague.
He is editor of Economie Internationale and of International Finance. He also writes commentaries for Project Syndicate, an international not-for-profit newspaper syndicate and association of newspapers.
- World Economic Forum (WEF), Member of the Europe Policy Group (since 2017)
- Center for Social and Economic Research (CASE), Member on the International Advisory Council (2003-2006)
- CV Daniel Gros - Deutsche Bank Research]
- "About CEPS". The Centre for European Policy Studies. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
- "Daniel Gros". The Centre for European Policy Studies. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
- "Daniel Gros". Vox. Archived from the original on 2010-05-08. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
- Critically on his advisor activities: Yanis Varoufakis, And the Weak Suffer What They Must? Europe's crisis, America's economic future chapter 4 “Trojan Horse” subchapter “Cruel Glidepath” . New York: Nation Books, 2016 (U.S. edition, ISBN 9781568585048).
- "One market, one money. An evaluation of the potential benefits and costs of forming an economic and monetary union" in: European Economy, nr. 44 October 1990, published by the Commission of the European Communities Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs.
- Europe Policy Group World Economic Forum.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daniel Gros.|
- Column archive at CEPS
- Column archive at Project Syndicate
- Column archive at Vox EU
- Column archive at The Guardian
- CV of Daniel Gros at the Center for Social and Economic Research (CASE)
- Works by or about Daniel Gros in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- "Resolving the European Sovereign Debt Crisis"[permanent dead link] Presentation by Daniel Gros, CFO Insight Magazine, October 2012