|Indian Railway station|
View to one of the platforms
|Location||Khagaul, Danapur, Patna, Bihar|
|Elevation||58 metres (190 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||East Central Railway|
|Line(s)||Howrah–Delhi main line|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||East Central Railway|
|Fare zone||East Central Railway|
|Opened||1 January 1925|
|Electrified||14 September 2000|
|Passengers (2018)||16,305 (daily)|
Danapur railway station, station code DNR, is a large railway station and headquarters of Danapur railway division of East Central Railway. Danapur is connected to metropolitan areas of India by the Delhi–Kolkata main line via Mughalsarai-Patna route. It is located in Danapur city, in Patna district in the Indian state of Bihar.
Due to its location on the Howrah-Patna-Mughalsarai main line, many Patna and Barauni bound express trains coming from Howrah and Sealdah stop here. It lays between Neora to the west and Phulwari Sharif to the east. Another line branches north-eastwards from Danapur and joins Patna–Sonepur line at Patliputra Junction.
There are refreshment rooms, vegetarian and non-vegetarian food stall, tea stall, book stall, post and telegraphic office, telephone booth, Government Railway Police (GRP) office and Railway Protection Force (RPF) barracks.
Danapur station was electrified in March 2000 and passed successfully the CRS inspection in 14 September 2000. Sector-wise electrification was as follows: Fatuha – Danapur between 1999–2000 and Danapur – Dildarnagar between 2001–2002.
The major facilities available are waiting room, free wifi from railwire, computerized reservation facility and vehicle parking. The vehicles are allowed to enter the station premises. The station also has STD/ISD/PCO telephone booth, toilets, tea stall and book stall. The Danapur station was given a new look in 2012.
There are 6 platforms at Danapur. The platforms are interconnected with three foot over bridge (FOB). Newly developed platform Nº 6 is not in sequence. It is situated in line of platform Nº 1 towards Patna Jn.
East Central Railway has built a new platform close to platform number 1 at the Danapur station for arrival and departure of passenger trains, either originating from or going towards Patliputra Junction. The new platform has provisions to accommodate passenger trains with a load combination of 24 coaches. Although a spacious area has been earmarked for parking vehicles and auto rickshaws in the circulating area of the new station building, the railways is yet to complete the circulating area.
The railways has also decided to build a refreshment room and two retiring rooms at the Danapur station for passengers’ conveniences.
Trains that have as origin or destination Danapur station are:
|55007 / 55008||Sahibganj–Danapur Intercity Express|
|18183 / 18184||Danapur–Tatanagar Super Express|
|13233 / 13234||Danapur–Rajgir Rajgriha Express|
|03483 / 03484||Malda Town–Danapur Special Fare Special|
|53231 / 53232||Tilaiya–Danapur Passenger|
|63219 / 63220||Danapur–Raghunathpur MEMU|
|12791 / 12792||Danapur–Secunderabad SF Express|
|13401 / 13402||Bhagalpur–Danapur Intercity Express|
|13257 / 13258||Danapur–Anand Vihar Jan Sadharan Express|
|19063 / 19064||Udhna–Danapur Bi-Weekly Express|
|63217 / 63218||Mokama–Danapur MEMU|
|63339 / 63340||Rajgir–Danapur MEMU|
|12295 / 12296||KSR Bengaluru Sanghamitra Express|
|12149 / 12150||Danapur–Pune Superfast Express|
The nearest airports to Danapur Station are
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport, Patna 5 kilometres (3.1 mi)
- Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi 230 kilometres (140 mi)
- Gaya Airport 104 kilometres (65 mi)
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata 600 kilometres (370 mi)
- Patna Junction railway station
- Patliputra Junction railway station
- Phulwari Sharif railway station
- Rajendra Nagar Terminal railway station
- Ara railway station
- "Station: DANAPUR (DNR) – Passenger amenities details as on 31/03/2018" (PDF). Rail Drishti. Retrieved 14 February 2020.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA.org. 2010. Retrieved 17 February 2020.
- "Wonderful Masterpiece created on the walls of Danapur Railway Station by the Artists of Walk for Bihar is getting viral on the social media". Winner Hands. Retrieved 14 February 2020.
- "Railwire wifi stations project | free wi-fi". www.railwire.co.in. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "List of Locations (Irrespective Of States) Where Computerized Reservation Facilities Are Available". Official website of the Indian Railways. Archived from the original on 3 July 2013. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "BJP MP aghast at condition of Danapur station". The Times of India. 30 May 2011. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "ECR's Danapur division makes record earning". The Times of India. 13 April 2012. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "One more platform at Danapur station soon - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Danapur Station Details". indiantrains.org. Archived from the original on 13 March 2012. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Trains at Danapur Station". India Rail Info. Archived from the original on 23 March 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Departures from DNR/Danapur". India Rail Info. Retrieved 14 February 2020.
- Kumar, Vikas. "12792/Danapur - Secunderabad SF Express (PT) - Danapur to Secunderabad SCR/South Central Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- SINGH, ANIL. "13257/Danapur - Anand Vihar Terminal JanSadharan Express (UnReserved) - Danapur to Anand Vihar Terminal ECR/East Central Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- SINGH, ANIL. "19064/Danapur - Udhna Bi Weekly Express - Danapur to Surat WR/Western Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- Skumar. "12296/Sanghamitra Express (PT) - Danapur to Bangalore SWR/South Western Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- Ahmad, F. "12150/Danapur - Pune SF Express (PT) - Danapur to Pune CR/Central Zone - Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 18 February 2019.