|Full name||Daniel Albert Halldorson|
|Born||April 2, 1952|
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
|Died||November 18, 2015 (aged 63)|
Cambridge, Illinois, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||195 lb (88 kg; 13.9 st)|
|Former tour(s)||PGA Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
|Best results in major championships|
|Masters Tournament||CUT: 1981|
|PGA Championship||T16: 1982|
|U.S. Open||T40: 1988|
|The Open Championship||DNP|
Halldorson had seven career wins on the Canadian Tour and its predecessors. He won one official PGA Tour event, the 1980 Pensacola Open, and finished a career best 36th on the PGA Tour money list that year. He won the unofficial Deposit Guaranty Golf Classic in 1986. Halldorson was a member of seven WGC-World Cup Canadian national teams (1976, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1991) including two winning teams (1980, 1985).
Halldorson played briefly on the Champions Tour after turning 50 in 2002.
Halldorson was the Deputy Director of the Canadian Tour and named a Lifetime Member in 2005. He was elected to the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame in 2002, and the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame in 2007. He operated a golf course design business with fellow former PGA Tour golfer Mike Morley. Halldorson also authored a golf instructional book. He lived in Cambridge, Illinois.
Halldorson died from a massive stroke at the age of 63.
Professional wins (13)
PGA Tour wins (1)
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning score||Margin of
|1||Oct 12, 1980||Pensacola Open||–13 (68-67-70-70=275)||2 strokes||Gary Hallberg, Mike Sullivan|
PGA Tour playoff record (0–1)
|1||1981||Quad Cities Open|| Dave Barr, Woody Blackburn
Frank Conner, Victor Regalado
|Barr won with par on eighth extra hole|
Conner, Halldorson and Regalado eliminated with birdie on first hole
Canadian wins (8)
- 1977 (3) Saskatchewan Open, Manitoba Open, Shrine Pro-Am (shared with George Knudson and Gar Hamilton)
- 1978 (1) Manitoba Open
- 1980 (1) Quebec Open
- 1983 (1) Manitoba Open
- 1984 (1) Manitoba Open
- 1986 (1) Canadian PGA Championship
Other wins (4)
- 1980 World Cup (team with Jim Nelford)
- 1982 Colorado Open
- 1985 World Cup (team with Dave Barr)
- 1986 Deposit Guaranty Golf Classic
Results in major championships
Note: Halldorson never played in The Open Championship.
CUT = missed the half-way cut
WD = withdrew
"T" = tied
Results in The Players Championship
|The Players Championship||T69||T22||T8||T70||CUT||CUT||T5||CUT||CUT||T27||T59||CUT||T64||CUT|
CUT = missed the halfway cut
"T" indicates a tie for a place
- World Cup (representing Canada): 1976, 1978, 1979, 1980 (winners), 1982, 1985 (winners), 1991
- Dunhill Cup (representing Canada): 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991
- "PGA Tour Canada profile". PGA Tour. Archived from the original on June 16, 2014. Retrieved June 15, 2014.
- "2007 inductee Dan Halldorson". Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame. Archived from the original on April 5, 2009. Retrieved April 15, 2010.
- Strong, Gregory (November 19, 2015). "Hall of fame golfer Dan Halldorson dead at 63". Vancouver Sun. Retrieved November 15, 2020.
- "Rain halts tourney". The Leader-Post. Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. July 16, 1977. p. 18. Retrieved April 2, 2020 – via Google News Archive.