|Damascus High School|
25921 Ridge Road
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Montgomery County Public Schools|
|NCES School ID||240048001455|
|Teaching staff||76.00 (on a FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||16.72|
|Color(s)||Green and White|
Damascus High School was built in 1950 and renovated in 1978.
The Damascus football team won the Maryland 3A state title in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2019, a run that included a state record 53-game winning streak. Damascus also won a 3A title in 2007 and 4A titles in 2003 and 2005. Damascus won four previous state football championships in 1981, 1992, 1993 and 1996.
- Joel Ross, CFL player
- Brian Stelter, political commentator
- Kevin Thompson, NFL player
- Bryan Bresee, College Football Player
- "Search for Public Schools - Damascus High (240048001455)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved October 26, 2019.
- Lewis, Kevin (November 12, 2013). "MCPS crumbling from within, say parents and students". WJLA.
- Melnick, Kyle (December 5, 2019). "Damascus returns to the mountaintop, walks off with Md. 3A state title". The Washington Post.
- Mike Loveday; Sheldon Shealer (December 31, 2009). "The top 5 programs of the decade in Maryland high school football". ESPNRise.
- Jones, Jackie (March 18, 2000). "Suburbia Encroaches on a Small Country Town". The Washington Post. p. H1.
- Wilson, Aaron (April 21, 2015). "Appalachian State cornerback Joel Ross invited to Ravens' local prospect day today, sources say". Baltimore Sun.
- Singer-Bart, Susan (June 9, 2010). "Damascus High grads: Farewell, for now". The Gazette. Archived from the original on 12 June 2010.
- Giblin, John (November 6, 1999). "Born to Lead". Daily Collegian.
|This Maryland school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|