This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Daily News and Analysis
|Owner(s)||Diligent Media Corporation|
|Founded||30 July 2005|
|Circulation||260,000 daily(Mum))|
|Readership||456,000 in Mumbai (IRS 2012)|
|Free online archives||epaper2|
Daily News and Analysis (DNA) is an Indian broadsheet newspaper launched in 2005 and published in English from Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Jaipur, Bengaluru and Indore in India. It targets a young readership and is owned and managed by Diligent Media Corporation.
A high-profile advertising campaign with the tagline, "Speak up, it's in your DNA", preceded the birth of Daily News and Analysis in 2005. The context into which the publication was introduced was described by the Indian media as tumultuous, with price cuts and competitive activity occurring.
Discontinuation of the editorial section
In 2012, Quarter, DNA added 21,000 readers, taking its all India readership to 9.3 lakh.
In February 2007, DNA announced that its paid circulation had reached 400,000 in Mumbai. It had previously reached 300,000 in October 2006. In May 2006, DNA authorised Ernst & Young to certify its circulation figures.
- Indiantelevision.com Team (10 June 2005). "'DNA' gears up for a price war". Indiantelevision.com.
- Debashis Bhattacharyya (21 August 2005). "Mumbai's battle will quickly spill over to New Delhi". The Telegraph. Kolkota.
- Staff (October 2011). "Invigorating world's press". All About Newspapers. All About Newspapers, New Delhi. Archived from the original on 19 July 2012. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "IRS Q2, 2012: Deccan Chronicle, DNA & Mumbai Mirror register growth". Afaqs!. 1 October 2012. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- Bhupesh Trivedi (1 June 2006). "DNA commissions E&Y to certify circulation". Indian Media Observer (issue #26). Archived from the original on 19 December 2007.