This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Products||architecture, engineering, planning, interior design|
|Revenue||$262 million (FY 2018)|
Number of employees
DLR Group is an integrated design firm providing architecture, engineering, planning, and interior design from offices around the globe. The firm is an advocate for sustainable design. It was an early adopter of the Architecture 2030 Challenge, and an initial signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment and the China Accord.
DLR Group is 100 percent employee-owned as was founded in Omaha, Nebraska in 1966 as Dana Larson and Roubal and Associates. The founders were Irv Dana and Bill Larson, both architects, and engineer Jim Roubal.
In February 2010, DLR Group acquired Southern California-based design firm WWCOT. The transaction added DLR Group office locations in Los Angeles and Riverside, and an office in Shanghai. In July 2010, DLR Group announced the acquisition of Minneapolis-based design firm KKE Architects. KKE offices in Minneapolis, Las Vegas, Tucson, and Pasadena, Calif., were merged into DLR Group. In 2015, DLR Group acquired Washington, D.C.-based Sorg Architects, establishing a strong presence on the East Coast. In September 2016, DLR Group acquired design firm Westlake Reed Leskosky, adding locations in Charlotte, Cleveland, and New York. In February 2017, DLR Group announced its acquisition of Studio Hive, a Minneapolis interior design firm. The firm acquired San Francisco based design firm Kwan Henmi in May, 2017. In August 2017, DLR Group acquired Dallas-based interiors firm Staffelbach to adding 70 design professionals to the firm and a third office location in Texas.
DLR Group ranked #1 in ARCHITECT's Top 50 ranking of U.S. design firms in 2012.
The firm is led by CEO Griff Davenport, FAIA.
- "About | DLR Group". DLR Group. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- Us. Sept. 2012, DLR Group website, accessed June 27, 2010
- Architect, WWCOT to Become Part of DLR Group, March 2010
- "Sorg Architects Joins DLR Group". DLR Group. Retrieved 2016-02-10.
- Keegan, Edward. "DLR Group Acquires Westlake Reed Leskosky". Architect magazine. Hanley Wood Media, Inc. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Norfleet, Nicole (22 February 2017). "DLR group acquires interior design group Studio Hive". Minneapolis Star Tribune. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "DLR Group Acquires Kwan Henmi". Contract Magazine. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "Dallas' first couple of design hitches Staffelbach future to big-league suitor". Dallas News. 2017-08-09. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- Wills, Eric. "The 2012 Architect 50". Hanley Wood Media, Inc. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "The Future of Professional Practice: An Interview with Griff Davenport - DesignIntelligence". DesignIntelligence. Retrieved 2018-10-25.