This media article uses IMDb for verification. (March 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cuckoo Patrol is a 1967 British musical comedy film directed by Duncan Wood and starring Freddie Garrity, Victor Maddern, John Le Mesurier and Kenneth Connor. It was produced in 1965 but held back for two years.
A group of Boy Scouts get separated from Wick, their adult leader, on their way to a group meeting. A series of unconnected events ensue.
At first they are trapped in the back of a furniture lorry. When they eventually get out they are closer to their destination than they think, but thanks to poor map reading they head in the wrong direction.
A car passing loses a suitcase labelled The Silver Supermen. This results in them taking the place of two wrestlers in a tag match and surprisingly winning.
Struggling to put up their tent, they are helped by a group of girl guides and end singing around the campfire until Brown Owl takes the girls off.
The tent is in the middle of the road and two bank robber's getaway car is blocked. In suggesting a diversion the car is wrecked and the boys offer to carry the men's gear on their cart. They then end helping crack a safe at Marshall and Snodgress, a sports good store. The gelignite gets thrown around before one boy opens the safe with a karate chop. The boys realise that a real crime is being committed and bombard the crooks with tennis balls before the police arrive.
After setting up a tent in the store they arrive safely at the jamboree on a tractor The cart on the back blows up as the gelignite was still there.
- Freddie Garrity as Himself
- Bernie Dwyer as Himself
- Derek Quinn as Himself
- Pete Birrell as Himself
- Roy Crewdson as Himself
- Kenneth Connor as Wick scout leader
- John Le Mesurier as Gibbs senior scout leader
- Victor Maddern as Dicko bank robber
- Arthur Mullard as Yossle bank robber
- Ernest Clark as Marshall
- Basil Dignam as Snodgrass
- Michael Brennan as Superman No.1
- Neil McCarthy as Superman No.2
- Peggy Ann Clifford as Brown Owl, Girl Guide leader
- Jack Lambert as Police Inspector
- Patsy Snell as Girl Guide
- Cheryl Molyneaux as Girl Guide
- Georgina Patterson as Girl Guide
- Sandra Hampton as Girl Guide
- Carmel Dene as Girl Guide
- Vic Wise as Moley
- Jo Gibbons as Jo
- Lou Marco as Referee
- Dominic Pye as Black Gorilla
- Bill Turney as Black Gorilla
- Roger Avon as Policeman
- Victor Platt as Van Driver
- Dan Cornwall as Van Driver
- Anthony Buckingham as Owly
- John Ross as Jumbo
|This article related to a British film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a musical comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|