This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Paul Stanley|
|Produced by||Harry Kleiner|
|Written by||Harry Kleiner|
|Based on||the novel Cry Tough|
by Irving Shulman
|Music by||Laurindo Almeida|
Philip H. Lathrop
|Edited by||Frederic Knudtson|
|Distributed by||United Artists|
The screenplay of the film is based on the novel of the same name by Irving Shulman. However, in the transition from print to film the Jewish Brooklyn gang of the novel became a Puerto Rican gang in Spanish Harlem.
- John Saxon as Miguel Antonio Enrico Francisco Estrada
- Linda Cristal as Sarita
- Joseph Calleia as Sr. Estrada
- Harry Townes as Carlos Mendoza
- Don Gordon as Incho
- Perry Lopez as Toro
- Frank Puglia as Lavandero
- Penny Santon as Señora Estrada
- Cry Tough at the American Film Institute Catalog
- CRY TOUGH Monthly Film Bulletin; London Vol. 26, Iss. 300, (Jan 1, 1959): 149.
- "Cry Tough film article". at tcm.com. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- Elizabeth Taylor Gets Huge Film Bid Hopper, Hedda. Los Angeles Times 28 Aug 1958: B6.
- Vagg, Stephen (July 29, 2020). "The Top Twelve Stages of Saxon". Filmink.
|This article about a 1950s crime drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|