|Length||8 km (5.0 mi)|
|Maintained by||Department for Infrastructure & Transport|
|East end||South Eastern Freeway, Glen Osmond|
|West end||Anzac Highway, Plympton|
|Major suburbs||Black Forest, Clarence Gardens, Clarence Park, Edwardstown, Glandore, Hawthorn, Plympton|
Cross Road is a major arterial road that travels east–west through the inner southern suburbs of the Australian city of Adelaide. Its western terminus is at Anzac Highway, travelling east and ending at Glen Osmond and the Adelaide Hills, joining the junction of Glen Osmond Road, Portrush Road, and South Eastern Freeway.
There are three railway level crossings along Cross Road: the Glenelg tram line in Plympton, the Seaford railway line at Emerson Crossing and the Belair railway line and Adelaide-Wolseley railway line in Unley Park. South Road passes over the Emerson level crossing on a large overpass. It was built between 1982 and 1984 to reduce the traffic congestion caused by the junction and level crossing. All other junctions are at-grade, with traffic lights at main roads.
There are a number of suburbs which Cross Road passes through and borders. These are:
In a 1949 street directory, Cross Road had its current route, but was named "Cross Roads" (plural) and is shown as the aggregation of a number of local street names including:
- High Terrace (between Fullarton and Unley Roads)
- Napier Terrace (Between Unley and Goodwood Roads)
- South Terrace (between Goodwood and South Roads)
- Glen Osmond Road (between South and Marion Roads)
- Plympton Terrace (between Marion Road and Anzac Highway)
- 2003 Adelaide Street Directory, 41st Edition. UBD (A Division of Universal Press Pty Ltd). 2003. ISBN 0-7319-1441-4.
- "Gregory's Street Directory of Adelaide and Suburbs" (1949 ed.). Retrieved 10 July 2016 – via Open Street Map Australia.
- "Property Location Browser". Government of South Australia. Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 9 July 2016.
- Google (9 July 2016). "Cross Road, Adelaide" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 9 July 2016.