She was born around 1105 AD in Tegaingl, Flint, Clwyd, Cymrumap. She was the daughter of Gronwy (ap Owain) Owain and Genilles V. (Hoedlyw) Owain. She was the sister to Rymel verch (Goronwy) Gronwy. Owain ap Edwin, Lord of Tegeinel, was her grandfather.
Other children of hers are Margaret ferch Owain Gwynedd, Iefan ab Owain Gwynedd, Angharad ferch Owain Gwynedd, and Angharad ferch Owain Gwynedd.
- Charles Mosley (2003). Burke's Peerage, Baronetage and Knightage. Burke's Peerage & Gentry LLC. p. 4188. ISBN 978-0-9711966-2-9.
- "Genealogy Family Tree". RootsWeb. Ancestry.com. 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- Richard Deacon (1967). Madoc and the discovery of America: some new light on an old controversy. Muller. p. 37.
- "Owain ap (Gruffydd) Gwynedd". WikiTree. 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- The age of Owain Gwynedd. An attempt at a connected account of the history of Wales from December, 1135, to November, 1170