|Full name||Cristian Daniel Becerine|
|Born||17 April 1977|
Comodoro Rivadavia, Chubut,
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||81 kg (179 lb)|
|Current team||Free Agents BMX|
|Discipline||Bicycle motocross (BMX)|
Cristian Daniel Becerine (born April 17, 1977 in Comodoro Rivadavia, Chubut) is an Argentine professional BMX cyclist. He is a 2003 American Bicycle Association champion, a ten-time national BMX riding champion, a silver medalist at the 2004 UCI World Championships in Valkenswaard, Netherlands, and a semifinalist in men's BMX at the 2008 Summer Olympics, representing his nation Argentina. Currently residing in Costa Mesa, California, United States, Becerine also raced for the Free Agent BMX Cycling Team, along with his teammate and two-time defending Olympic champion Māris Štrombergs from Latvia, and the late Kyle Bennett. Becerine currently rides for Throdwn and coaches their development team.
Becerine qualified for the Argentine squad in men's BMX cycling at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing by receiving one of the nation's two available berths based on his top-ten performance from the UCI BMX World Rankings. After he grabbed a twenty-seventh seed on the morning prelims with a time of 37.253 and then finished second in the quarterfinals, Becerine scored a total of 15 placing points to mount a fifth spot in his semifinal heat, narrowly missing out the top-eight final by a single token.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Cristian Becerine". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- Lypka, Ben (7 October 2013). "Busy days for Squamish BMX". Squamish Chief. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- Carruth, Mike (15 January 2013). "2013 USA BMX National Season Starts in Reno". BMX Now. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- "Free Agent Team Report: Fresno". BMX News. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- "Factory Throdwn 2018". Throdwn BMX. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- "Men's BMX Seeding". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 19 August 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Men's BMX Semifinals Heat 2". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Cristian Becerine se clasificó a las semifinales" [Cristian Becerine qualified for the semifinals] (in Spanish). La Nación. 20 August 2008. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- NBC Olympics Profile
- Profile – Rockstar Energy Drink
- Rider Bio – Free Agent BMX
- Cristian Becerine on Twitter
|This biographical article relating to Argentine cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|