|Depot code(s)||EC (1973-)|
The depot opened in 1904, and is now home to InterCity 125 HSTs operated by London North Eastern Railway, CrossCountry and Network Rail. It also services InterCity 225 sets for London North Eastern Railway, Class 220/221 Voyagers for CrossCountry and Class 350 for TransPennine Express.
On 11 November 2018 Hitachi Rail took over the operation of Craigentinny Depot from London North Eastern Railway. Hitachi Rail will undertake maintenance on London North Eastern Railway Class 800s and 801s, Abellio ScotRail Class 385s and TransPennine Express Class 802s. It also maintains Class 73s for the Caledonian Sleeper.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Craigentinny TMD.|
- "The all-time guide to UK Shed and Depot Codes" (PDF). TheRailwayCentre.com. 5 May 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 December 2013. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "East Coast train marks Edinburgh depot centenary". The Scotsman. 1 October 2014.
- "Hitachi Rail UK Locations". Retrieved 8 January 2019.
- Hitachi takes over East Coast depots Modern Railways issue 843 December 2018 page 84
- Craigentinny base for Caledonian Sleeper 73/9s Rail issue 787 11 November 2015 page 31
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|