September 5, 1989|
Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||202 lb (92 kg; 14 st 6 lb)|
|NHL team||Nashville Predators|
|National team||United States|
98th overall, 2009|
Craig Smith (born September 5, 1989) is an American ice hockey player who is currently playing for the Nashville Predators in the NHL. He was selected by the Nashville Predators in the fourth round (98th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Smith participated at the 2011 IIHF World Championship as a member of the United States men's national ice hockey team. He then went on to play two years for the University of Wisconsin.
After coming out of college early, Smith became the first player since Colin Wilson to make the Predators without first playing for the Milwaukee Admirals. On October 7, 2011, Smith scored his first NHL goal in his first NHL game against Steve Mason of the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Following the 2014–15 NHL season Smith became a restricted free agent under the NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement. The Predators made him a qualifying offer to retain his NHL rights and, on July 5, 2015, Smith filed for Salary Arbitration. Prior to his scheduled meeting, Smith agreed to terms on a five-year $21.25 million contract extension with the Predators on July 20, 2015.
Smith with the United States men's national hockey team in a game against German's men's national hockey team.
|Representing United States|
|World Junior A Challenge|
Regular season and playoffs
|2006–07||Waterloo Black Hawks||USHL||45||8||10||18||28||4||0||1||1||8|
|2007–08||Waterloo Black Hawks||USHL||58||13||10||23||90||11||2||3||5||8|
|2008–09||Waterloo Black Hawks||USHL||54||28||48||76||108||3||1||3||4||26|
|2009–10||University of Wisconsin||WCHA||41||8||25||33||72||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||University of Wisconsin||WCHA||41||19||24||43||87||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honors
|First All-Star Team||2009|||
|All-WCHA Rookie Team||2010|||
- "Craig Smith profile". The Hockey News. 2010-10-02. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- "Smith files for arbitration". National Hockey League. 2015-07-05. Archived from the original on 2015-07-06. Retrieved 2015-07-05.
- "Predators sign Craig Smith to a five year contract". Nashville Predators. 2015-07-20. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- National Hockey League (2010). The National Hockey League Official Guide & Record Book/2011. Triumph Books. p. 334. ISBN 978-1-60078-422-4.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Craig Smith.|
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Eurohockey.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|