Jane during the World Cup parade, October 2011
|Full name||Cory Steven Jane|
|Date of birth||8 February 1983|
|Place of birth||Wellington, New Zealand|
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||91 kg (201 lb; 14 st 5 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
He first played for the All Blacks in 2008 and plays as a winger. In 2011 Jane was selected into the Tri Nations team as injury cover. A few weeks later he made the Rugby World Cup squad of 30 after tight competition in the back three.
Born in Lower Hutt, New Zealand, Jane played for Wellington in the Mitre 10 Cup and for the Wellington Hurricanes in Super Rugby. He has previously played for Hawke's Bay and was in the New Zealand team that won the Rugby Sevens gold medal at the 2006 Commonwealth Games. Of Ngāti Kahungunu descent, Jane represented New Zealand Māori in 2006.
In 2012 he played on the wing for the Hurricanes. He was not included in the 2012 All Blacks team for the series against Ireland due to injury, but was selected again for 2012 Rugby Championship and was part of the side that beat Australia in the first two tests of the Bledisloe Cup. Jane also played in the All Blacks for 2012 End-of-Year Tour, in which they beat Scotland, Wales and Italy.
Jane suffered a serious leg injury in January 2013, preventing his involvement in Super Rugby and the series against France held in June. In October 2013, he was recalled into the All Blacks team after two games for Wellington in the ITM Cup. He was later named on the right wing in the Final Bledisloe Cup match. but ruled out on the 11th hour due to an injury and subsequently replaced by Charles Piutau. He was added to the All Blacks squad for the 2013 end-of-year rugby union tests. He returned to international rugby after being named on the right wing against France.
- "Critics taking new potshots at Maori links". The New Zealand Herald. 31 May 2006.
- All Blacks Player profile Archived 12 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "All Blacks dominate awards nominations". New Zealand Herald. 10 November 2011. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- Murray, Scott (23 October 2011). "Rugby World Cup final: New Zealand v France – as it happened". Guardian. UK. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "New Zealand v Australia, Bledisloe Cup: All Blacks recall Cory Jane to start outside Ben Smith". Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- "Jane starts for All Blacks". Archived from the original on 17 October 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- "Rugby World Cup 2015: Waisake Naholo in New Zealand squad". BBC Sport. 30 August 2015. Retrieved 1 March 2016.