This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Based in||New York|
Core77 is an online design magazine dedicated to the practice and produce of the field of industrial design. It serves as a resource for students, practitioners and fans of the field, as well as a venue for essays and reports on the topic of design in general. Historically, most of the magazine's content has been produced by volunteer contributors.
The site began as the graduate thesis of Stuart Constantine and Eric Ludlum in their final year at Brooklyn, New York's Pratt Institute. The site was launched in March 1995 and has been updated on a monthly basis since. It was first hosted at Interport, an early ISP in New York City; later it moved to its own domain.
Core77's popularity as a general design destination for the public has grown in recent years, leading to references of the site in The New York Times, Fast Company, and PC Magazine. The site also hosts an annual Core77 Design Awards competition to reward excellence in the field of design.
- Palacio, Bryony Gomez and Armin Vit: Graphic Design, Referenced: A Visual Guide to the Language, Applications, and History of Graphic Design. Rockport: Quayside, 2009, p.114. ISBN 978-1-59253-447-0
- Koerner, Brendan (December 31, 2006). "And Now, Memory on a Twig". The New York Times.
- "Reality Bytes". nytimes.com. 2009-11-13. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- "ID students recognized by the Core77 Design Awards". fastcompany.com. 2010-03-05. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- Monson, Kyle. (August 26, 2006) PC Magazine. "PC Magazine's Top 99 Undiscovered Web Sites"
- "Core77 Taps $7 Carryall As Year's Best Product Design". fastcodesign.com. 2011-08-02. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- "Parsons Alumni Honored in Core 77 Design Awards 2017". newschool.edu. 2017-06-28. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- "MFA Products of Design Students Take 4 Honors in Core77 2017 Design Awards!". sva.edu. 2017-06-09. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- "ID students recognized by the Core77 Design Awards". iit.edu. 2016-06-01. Retrieved 2017-07-10.