|Copenhagen Half Marathon|
Runners at the inaugural edition in 2015
|Course records||Men's: 58:00 (2019)|
Women's: 1:05:15 (2018)
|Official site||Copenhagen Half Marathon|
The Copenhagen Half Marathon is an annual half marathon road running event which takes place in September on the city streets of Copenhagen, Denmark. It held the IAAF Silver Label Road Race  status in 2016 and the IAAF Gold Label Road Race in 2017, making it the foremost race of its type in the country. The event was launched after the success holding of the 2014 IAAF World Half Marathon Championships in the city. The course was slightly modified for the newly created annual event, with the race starting and finishing near Parken Stadium.
Nearly 20,000 runners took part in the inaugural edition in 2015. The race features both public and professional elements. The first winners were both Kenyan, with Bedan Karoki Muchiri taking the men's race in 59:14 minutes and Purity Cherotich Rionoripo being the women's winner in 68:29 minutes.
Over 22,000 runners took part in the 2016 edition. The winners were James Mwangi Wangari from Kenya taking the men's race in 59:07 minutes and Purity Cherotich Rionoripo from Ethiopia being the women's winner in 68:00 minutes, both beating the existing course record.
Key: Course record
|Year||Men's winner||Time (m:s)||Women's winner||Time (m:s)|
|2015||Bedan Muchiri (KEN)||59:14||Purity Rionoripo (KEN)||1:08:29|
|2016||James Wangari (KEN)||59:07||Hiwot Gebrekidan (ETH)||1:08:00|
|2017||Abraham Cheroben (BHR)||58:40||Eunice Chumba (BHR)||1:06:11|
|2018||Daniel Kipchumba (KEN)||59:06||Sifan Hassan (NED)||1:05:15|
|2019||Geoffrey Kipsang (KEN)||58:01 WR||Birhane Dibaba (ETH)||1:05:57|
- Prestigious international silver label to Copenhagen Half Marathon. Retrieved on 2016-09-17.
- "IAAF Gold Label awarded to Copenhagen Half Marathon". Copenhagen Half Marathon. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- Minshull, Phil (2015-09-11). Karoki takes aim at the world half marathon record in Copenhagen. IAAF. Retrieved on 2016-04-03.
- Copenhagen Half Marathon exceeds expectations. European Athletics (2015-09-22). Retrieved on 2016-04-03.
- Karoki runs world-leading 59:14 in Copenhagen. IAAF (2015-09-13). Retrieved on 2016-04-03.
- . IAAF (2016-09-18). Retrieved on 2016-09-19.
- Copenhagen Marathon. Association of Road Racing Statisticians. Retrieved on 2016-04-03.