|Constitutional Court of Suriname|
|Composition method||Appointment by the President upon nomination by the National Assembly|
|Authorized by||Article 144 of the Constitution of Suriname|
|Judge term length||5 years (once renewable)|
|Number of positions||8|
|Since||7 May 2020|
|Since||7 May 2020|
The Constitutional Court (Dutch: Constitutioneel hof) is the constitutional court for the Republic of Suriname. Its establishment was already foreseen in both the constitution of Suriname of 1975 and the current constitution of 1987, but it took until 4 October 2019 for the National Assembly to enact a law providing for the establishment of a constitutional court. After some errors concerning the official proclamation of the establishment of the court were corrected, the members of the court were installed on 7 May 2020.
The lack of a constitutional court became an imminent problem after the court-martial decided in 2015 that the 2012 amnesty law that should have halted the prosecution of the December murders must be tested in the constitutional court first.
- Gloria Karg-Stirling
- Vice President
- Kenneth Amoksi
- Anoeradha Akkal-Ramautar
- Rinette Djokarto
- Maya Fokké-Manohar
- Substitute members
- Bien Sojo
- Jornell Vinkwolk
- Roy Chitanie
- "WET van 4 oktober 2019, ter uitvoering van artikel 144 lid 4 van de Grondwet van de Republiek Suriname. (Wet Constitutioneel Hof)". dna.sr. Retrieved 1 June 2020.
- Cairo, Ivan (19 January 2020). "Blunders voordrachten Constitutioneel Hof worden gecorrigeerd". de Ware Tijd. Paramaribo. Retrieved 1 June 2020.
- Cairo, Ivan (8 May 2020). "'Rechtsstatelijkheid enige leidraad Constitutioneel Hof'". de Ware Tijd. Paramaribo. Retrieved 1 June 2020.
- Thomas, Vishmohanie (7 May 2020). "Suriname heeft na bijkans 45 jaar eindelijk een Constitutioneel Hof". Suriname Herald. Paramaribo. Retrieved 1 June 2020.
- "Leden Constitutioneel Hof geïnstalleerd". Starnieuws. 7 May 2020. Retrieved 1 June 2020.
- "BREAKING NEWS: 'OM moet Bouterse verder vervolgen' - DWTonline.com" (in Dutch). 2016-04-17. Archived from the original on 2016-04-17. Retrieved 2017-01-30.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)