Connor Lade seen in training
|Full name||Connor Cook Lade|
|Date of birth||November 16, 1989|
|Place of birth||Morristown, New Jersey, United States|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Playing position||Defender, Midfielder|
|New York Red Bulls|
|2007–2011||New York Red Bulls|
|2008–2011||St. John's Red Storm||86||(1)|
|2012–||New York Red Bulls||126||(2)|
|2014||→ New York Cosmos (loan)||8||(0)|
|2015–||→ New York Red Bulls II (loan)||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of July 7, 2019|
Connor Lade (born November 16, 1989) is an American soccer player currently playing for New York Red Bulls of Major League Soccer. Lade is a utility player who has been used in several positions during his professional career, most commonly as a right-sided fullback.
College and amateur
Lade grew up in the Convent Station section of Morris Township, New Jersey and attended Morristown High School, where he received numerous accolades during his high school career. In December 2007 he joined the U.S. Soccer Development Academy and played with New York Red Bulls Academy. In 2008, he decided to attend St. John's University. Lade was a four-year starter for St. Johns and helped the Red Storm to the 2009 & 2011 Big East tournament title. Lade received the Defensive MVP award in the latter tournament.
During his time in college he remained with the Red Bulls Academy and was a member of the New York Red Bull NPSL squad.
Lade was signed by New York Red Bulls as a Home Grown Player on 5 December 2011. Lade made his professional debut for New York on 14 April 2012 in a 2-2 draw with San Jose Earthquakes. On 29 May 2012 Lade scored his first goal for New York in a 3-0 victory over the Charleston Battery in the third round of the US Open Cup.
After struggling for minutes during the 2014 MLS season, Lade was loaned to NASL club New York Cosmos on 28 July 2014. Lade quickly established himself in the Cosmos lineup and appeared in 8 league matches for the club. Lade was recalled by the Red Bulls during the NASL season and on 22 October 2014 scored his lone goal of the season helping the Red Bulls to a 1-1 draw against Montreal Impact in a 2014-15 CONCACAF Champions League match.
Lade was loaned to affiliate side New York Red Bulls II during the 2015 season and made his debut as a starter for the side on 4 April 2015 in a 4-1 victory over Toronto FC II, the first victory in club history. Lade was primarily used as a reserve during the early part of the 2015 season, however an injury to Chris Duvall provided him an opportunity at right back. He received glowing remarks for his play on 9 August 2015 in a 2-0 derby victory over New York City FC by coach Jesse Marsch.
Lade scored his first career MLS goal on 13 July 2016 in a 2-0 victory over Orlando City SC. It was announced on 9 August that Lade would miss the remainder of the 2016 season due to an ACL tear he suffered against the LA Galaxy.
During his college career Lade participated in training camps as part of the player pool for the United States under-20 national team but did not make any match appearances for the team.
- As of 7 July 2019
|Club||Season||League||MLS Cup||US Open Cup||CONCACAF||Total|
|New York Red Bulls||2012||26||0||2||0||2||2||0||0||30||2|
|New York Cosmos (loan)||2014||8||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||8||0|
|New York Red Bulls II (loan)||2015||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||2||0|
|New York Red Bulls II (loan)||2018||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||2||0|
- Canfarotta, Michael. "SJU's homegrown Red Bull", Times Ledger, December 16, 2011. Accessed July 18, 2012. "On Dec. 5, it was announced that Lade signed a contract with his hometown club. The Convent Station, N.J. native — from just outside Morristown — native was thrilled that he would be getting an opportunity to play for the team he grew up watching."
- Staff. "Living a Dream; Ex-St. John's defender signs with Red Bulls" Archived 2013-12-16 at the Wayback Machine, Big Apple Soccer, December 5, 2011. Accessed July 18, 2012. "Lade attended Morristown High School and was a three-time first team All-Conference, All-State and All-County selection."
- Kristian Dyer (2012-05-11). "Red Bulls Sign Home-Grown Defender Connor Lade". New York Red Bulls. Retrieved 2011-12-06.
- Franco Panizo (2012-05-30). "USOC: Lade's stunner the next big step in rookie's journey". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Red Bulls loan Lade to New York Cosmos". mlssoccer.com. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- "Montreal 1 New York 1". concacaf.com. Archived from the original on 2014-10-25. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- "Red Bulls II earn first victory in team history". newyorkredbulls.com. Retrieved 4 April 2015.
- "THIS TIME SIZE DOES MATTER". bigapplesoccer.com. Archived from the original on 2015-09-23. Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- Panizo, Franco. "New York Red Bulls 2, Orlando City SC 0". MLSSoccer.com. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- Couch,Ben. "New York Red Bulls fullback Connor Lade tears ACL, out for the season". MLSSoccer.com. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Red Bulls Defender Connor Lade Earns First U.S. Men's National Team Call Up". newyorkredbulls.com. Retrieved 6 January 2013.