|Connetquot School District|
|Superintendent||Dr. Lynda G. Adams|
|Students and staff|
|Colors||Red and white|
The Connetquot Central School District of Islip is a school district located in the Town of Islip of Suffolk County, New York on Long Island. The district serves the entirety of the communities of Bohemia, Oakdale, and Ronkonkoma, while it serves parts of Sayville and West Sayville. Most parts of Sayville and West Sayville are zoned to the neighboring Sayville School District. There is one preschool, seven elementary schools, two middle schools, and one senior high school.
- Arthur E. Premm Learning Center (Preschool) – Oakdale
- Edward J. Bosti Elementary School (K–5) – Oakdale
- Cherokee Street Elementary School (K–5) – Ronkonkoma
- Helen B. Duffield Elementary School (K–5) – Ronkonkoma
- Idle Hour Elementary School (K–5) – Oakdale
- John Pearl Elementary School (K–5) – Bohemia
- Edith L. Slocum Elementary School (K–5) – Ronkonkoma
- Sycamore Avenue Elementary School (K–5) – Bohemia
- Oakdale-Bohemia Middle School (6–8) – Oakdale
- Ronkonkoma Middle School (6–8) – Ronkonkoma
- Connetquot High School (9–12) – Bohemia
In 1960, with continuing suburban growth, voters in the existing Oakdale-Bohemia and Ronkonkoma school districts voted to consolidate their two districts, which paved the way for construction of a high school.
School Shooting Plot
In July 2007, the school district received national attention when two teenagers who attended Connetquot High School were arrested for planning an attack on the school in the Connetquot High School Plot. The plans reportedly included a hit list of students and staff and how to ignite explosives. According to a local radio station website, students interviewed said that they were not surprised of the arrests because of the many bomb scares in the 2006-2007 school year.
- "School Consolidation Voted". The New York Times. June 24, 1960. Retrieved December 4, 2009.
- "5 L.I. SCHOOLS CLOSE; Scarlet Fever Outbreak Hits Connetquot District". The New York Times. January 18, 1962. Retrieved December 4, 2009.("At outbreak of scarlet fever resulted today in a decision to close all schools in the Connetquot School District for a week, starting tomorrow. The enforced vacation for the 2,538 pupils in the new central district...")
- 2 Teens Arrested In Attack Plot Against L.I. School. 13 July 2007. Accessed 5 October 2008
|This New York (state) school–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|