|Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber|
|Directed by||Dana Lustig|
|Produced by||Evan Tylor|
|Written by||Eric C. Charmelo|
|Based on||Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber by Adele Lang|
|Starring||Jennifer Love Hewitt|
|Music by||Phil Marshall|
|Edited by||Richard Schwadel|
|Distributed by||Screen Media Films|
Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber (also known as The Social Climber) is a comedy film, based on the novel of the same name by Adele Lang. It was released March 12, 2005 and stars Jennifer Love Hewitt as 28-year-old Katya, an advertising executive more concerned with being a well-known socialite than being a good person. It co-stars Colin Ferguson, Joey Lawrence, Natassia Malthe, Daniel Roebuck and James Kirk.
Katya Livingston is an ad exec living in San Francisco. Her accountant goes to prison and advises her to keep a journal of all of her expenses as she is sure to be audited. Katya is vain and selfish, trying to keep up with society by wearing designer knock offs and trying to get into all of the hottest clubs. She is best friends with Eliza: a well meaning do-gooder, Ferguson: a gay male escort with self-esteem issues and a long list of ex-boyfriends, and Frangiapani: a woman that has been married several times.
Katya finds out about the Royal Ball, a benefit for Youth Aid International and the biggest social event of the season. It will be thrown by socialite sisters Dove and Fawn Greenstein. She finds out that she has not been invited because of an indiscretion she mistakenly had with Dove Greenstein's husband on their wedding day and then later revealed Dove's real age to a local tabloid. She is desperate to go, especially when she finds out all of her friends are going.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt as Katya Livingston
- Colin Ferguson as Charles "Chuck" Fitz
- Joey Lawrence as Ferguson "Ferg" Smith
- Natassia Malthe as Frangiapani "Fran" Lee
- Daniel Roebuck as Alex "Lion" Krosgrov
- James Kirk as Sebastian
- Sonja Bennett as Eliza
- Stefanie Von Pfetten as Dove Greenstein
- Jennifer Clement as Gatekeeper
- David Lewis as Stan
- David Richmond-Peck as Teddy
- Meshach Peters as Sabelo
- Preston Cook as Bob
- Mike Viola as Steve
- Zak Santiago as Geoffrey
- "Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber: The Katya Livingston Chronicles". Goodreads. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- "Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber". TV Guide. Retrieved January 27, 2017.