|Genre||Trade Show, Exhibition|
|Frequency||Every three years|
|Venue||Las Vegas Convention Center|
|Location(s)||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Most recent||March 10-14 2020|
|Sponsors||Association of Equipment Manufacturers, National Ready Mixed Concrete Association, National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association, Associated General Contractors of America|
CONEXPO-CON/AGG is North America’s largest construction trade show representing asphalt, aggregates, concrete, earthmoving, lifting, mining, utilities and more. CONEXPO-CON/AGG is a result of the merger of CONEXPO and CON/AGG in 1996. It is held at the Las Vegas Convention Center with the last show held March 10-14, 2020. The International Exposition for Power Transmission (IFPE) is held in conjunction with CONEXPO-CON/AGG.
In 1909, the first CONEXPO was held in Columbus, Ohio, and the first CON/AGG was held in Detroit Michigan in 1928. In 1996 the two shows merged, creating CONEXPO-CON/AGG. The first joint show was held in 1996 in Las Vegas, Nevada. CONEXPO-CON/AGG has gone on to become the western hemisphere's largest show for the construction and construction materials industries.
American Road Builders Association sponsors the Road Show, predecessor of today’s CONEXPO-CON/AGG. The first Road Show after World War II is held at Soldier Field, Chicago, and is larger and more diverse than any previously held.
The 1999 show broke every record for U.S. trade shows with 1.7 million net square feet of exhibits and 124,000 attendees.
The International Fluid Power Exhibition (IFPE) is co-located with CONEXPO-CON/AGG for the first time. The show was previously held in Chicago beginning in 1984 by NFPA.
CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2005 became the largest show ever, in terms of attendance and exhibit space. The 2005 show had more than 124,300 industry professionals attend from around the world, with more than 1.8 million square feet of exhibit space.
The 2017 show spanned a record 2.8 million-plus net square feet of exhibits, with a record 2,800-plus exhibitors. Show attendance neared 128,000 for the week. The world’s first 3D-printed excavator and the new Tech Experience debuted at the 2017 show.
The 2020 show ended one day earlier than normal due to growing concerns over COVID-19. Registrations for the show were reported as over 130,000, though no official attendance numbers were published. The 2020 show had a large number of exhibitors at over 2000. A primary focus for the 2020 show was on women in construction and new technologies. The “Tech Experience” and education sessions reached their highest attendance since launching in the previous show with 150 sessions that included speakers from companies like Built Robotics, Trimble, and NASCAR driver Tyler Reddick.
Featured Products and Services
The main topics of the show are:
CONEXPO-CON/AGG is sponsored by:
- Association of Equipment Manufacturers
- National Ready Mixed Concrete Association
- National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association
- Associated General Contractors of America
- Haycraft, William R. (2002). Yellow Steel: The Story of the Earthmoving Equipment Industry. University of Illinois Press. pp. 366–367. ISBN 0-2520-7104-2.
- "Conexpo-Con/Agg 2014 - The Trade show for construction and construction materials". Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- Miskelly, Matthew (2006). Trade Shows Worldwide. Cengage Gale. p. 1557. ISBN 0-7876-8968-8.
- "A glimpse of tradeshow history | Exhibit City News". www.exhibitcitynews.com. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "Sales Soar at ConExpo-Con/AGG 2017". www.constructionequipmentguide.com. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE Break Records in Las Vegas with 2.8+ Mil Net Sq. Ft. | TSNN Trade Show News". www.tsnn.com. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "CONEXPO-CON/AGG & IFPE to Close 1 Day Early, Friday, March 13 at 5 P.M." CONEXPO-CON/AGG. March 13, 2020. Retrieved July 14, 2020.
- "The Construction Industry Came Together in a Big Way at CONEXPO-CON/AGG & IFPE 2020". CONEXPO-CON/AGG. March 14, 2020. Retrieved July 14, 2020.
- "TechTalks". CONEXPO-CON/AGG. Retrieved July 14, 2020.