Logo of the Commission for the Conservation of Southern Bluefin Tuna
|Formation||20 May 1994|
|9 state members|
The Commission for the Conservation of Southern Bluefin Tuna (CCSBT) is a Regional fisheries management organisation and international organization with the purpose of managing the stocks of the critically endangered Southern bluefin tuna.
The secretariat is housed in Canberra, Australia. CCSBT was established by International treaty signed in Canberra on 10 May 1993 by Australia, Japan, and New Zealand, with the commission commencing a year later. Over the years additional nations have joined.
Members are of three types: members (of the commission), (members of the) extended commission, and co-operation non-members:
|Australia||20 May 1994||member||||Host nation|
|New Zealand||20 May 1994||member|||
|Japan||20 May 1994||member||||main user of BFT|
|South Korea||17 October 2001||member|||
|Indonesia||8 April 2008||member|||
|Taiwan||30 August 2002||extended commission|||
|Philippines||2 August 2004||cooperating non-Member|||
|South Africa||24 August 2006||member|||
|European Union||13 October 2006||extended commission|||
- Regional fisheries management organizations (RFMOs), Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- Collette, B.; Chang, S.-K.; Di Natale, A.; Fox, W.; Juan Jorda, M.; Miyabe, N.; Nelson, R.; Uozumi, Y. & Wang, S. (2011). "Thunnus maccoyii". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. 2011: e.T21858A9328286. doi:10.2305/IUCN.UK.2011-2.RLTS.T21858A9328286.en. Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- List of the five tuna RFMOs, Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "Headquarters Agreement between the Government of Australia and the Commission for the Conservation of Southern Bluefin Tuna ATS 6 of 1999" Archived 16 April 2017 at the Wayback Machine. Australasian Legal Information Institute, Australian Treaties Library. Retrieved on 15 April 2017.
- "Becoming a Member of the CCSBT - CCSBT Commission for the Conservation of Southern Bluefin Tuna". www.ccsbt.org. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- Origins of the convention on conservation of the Southern Bluefin Tuna. Archived 29 September 2015 at the Wayback Machine.
- New Zealand Fisheries Management Organization.
- Treaty depositary Australian Government website.
- "Origins of the Convention - CCSBT Commission for the Conservation of Southern Bluefin Tuna". www.ccsbt.org. Retrieved 23 June 2017.