|Coming from Insanity|
|Directed by||Akinyemi Sebastian Akinropo|
|Produced by||Ibidolapo Ajayi|
|Written by||Akinyemi Sebastian Akinropo|
|Music by||Tom Hambleton|
|Edited by||Akinyemi Sebastian Akinropo|
The Movement Pro
|Distributed by||FilmOne Distribution, Netflix|
Coming from Insanity is a 2019 Nigerian crime drama film directed and written by Akinyemi Sebastian Akinropo. It stars Gabriel Afolayan, Damilola Adegbite, Dakore Akande, Wale Ojo and Bolanle Ninalowo.
The film was released on 14 June 2019 and premiered on Netflix on September 18, 2020.
Coming from Insanity tells the story of 12-year-old boy Kossi (Gabriel Afolayon) with virtuoso level insight, who was trafficked into Lagos from Togo. He winds up with the Martins (Wale Ojo and Dakore Akande), as an houseboy and grew to become a member of their family. He later teamed up with some other friends to make his own money and that put him on the radaar of the EFCC.
- Gabriel Afolayan as Kossi
- Damilola Adegbite as Oyin Martins
- Dakore Akande as Mrs. Martins
- Wale Ojo as Mr. Martins
- Bolanle Ninalowo as Rocky
- Odunlade Adekola as cab driver
- Sharon Ooja as Sonia
- Sani Musa Danja as Abubakar
- Adeolu Adefarasin as Emmanuel
- Udoka Oyeka as Toye
- Sambasa Nzeribe as Detective Hammed
- Tina Mba as Captain
It was nominated for the best first feature narrative in the 2020 Pan African Film Festival and winner of the Audience choice award best feature film at the Pressplay Film festival 2019.
- "Coming from insanity ready for public viewing". The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News. 2019-03-23. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- BellaNaija.com (2020-09-07). "New Nollywood Titles on Netflix this September". BellaNaija. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "Gabriel Afolayan assumes the role of a certified criminal in 'Coming From Insanity'". Pulse Nigeria. 2019-04-18. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- Editor (2019-07-03). "Film Review: Coming from Insanity makes an effort, doesn't quite succeed » YNaija". YNaija. Retrieved 2020-10-05.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "Pan African Film Festival 2020 – Coming From Insanity". We are moving stories. Retrieved 2020-10-05.