Collins Square comprises approximately 260,000 square metres of commercial and retail floor space, and is located at 717 - 747 Collins Street, Melbourne, in the Batman's Hill precinct in Melbourne's Docklands, Australia. The project also includes part of the historic No 2 Goods Shed and Lantern building.
The Collins Square project is owned & managed by Walker Corporation, with the exception of Tower 3, which is owned by CIMB-Trust Capital Advisors. The project is understood to have a current market value of $3AUD billion.
Bates Smart led the design of the Master Plan including the retail podium, and three commercial towers. Buchan provided fine-grain advice on the design of the retail precinct. HASSELL designed the third tower, with Woods Bagot designing the final tower. Sissons Architects also provided architectural services to Walker Corporation.
Each of the Towers feature artwork by prominent artists; John Olsen was commissioned to paint his 48 square metre 'King Sun' for Tower 1. A large painting by Yannima Tommy Watson features in the lobby of Tower 5.
The first tower was constructed by Built, with Multiplex completing the balance of the project in early 2018. Hutchinson constructed the Lantern Building and refurbished the Goods Shed.
Collins Square has a number of multi-national companies as tenants; KPMG, AECOM, Mercer, Transurban, Marsh & McLennan Companies, IWG plc, Pearson Publishing, BDO Global, Tabcorp Holdings, Mott MacDonald the Commonwealth Bank, and the Australian Taxation Office.
The 27,000 sqm (290,625 sqf) leasing deal with KPMG was touted as the largest leasing transaction in Australia during 2013.
- Philip Hopkins (8 February 2012). "Collins Square on the up". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Collins Square". Walker Corporation.
- "Mars landing in Collins Square". Australian Financial Review. 8 February 2018.
- Bethany Williams (2 November 2013). "Collins Square is the biggest". Docklands News. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- Lenaghan, Nick. "Lang Walker drops plans to sell $2b Collins Square project". Australian Financial Review.
- "CIMB acquires 100% interest in Tower 3". CIMB Group.
- "The inner workings of Lang Walker's property empire". The Australian. 31 October 2018.
- "Australian Taxation Office, Projects". Bates Smart.
- "Collins Square Tower 2". HASSELL.
- "Collins Square, Tower D". Sissons Architects.
- Cooke, Dewi (30 July 2013). "Olsen's King Sun rises". Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Art - Collins Square". Collins Square.
- "ATO, 747 Collins Street (VIC)". Built Holdings. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Multiplex appointed to Tower 5". Multiplex.
- "Goods Shed South". Hutchinson Builders.
- Lenaghan, Nick (8 February 2018). "Mars landing in Collins Square". Australian Financial Review.
- "Experience Six Stars at Collins Square". Facility Management Association.
- "Collins Square, Commercial Directory". Collins Square.
- Vedelago, Chris (7 December 2013). "KPMG to move to Collins Square". Sydney Morning Herald.