|Look up clipping in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Clipping may refer to:
- Clipping (morphology), the formation of a new word by shortening it, e.g. "ad" from "advertisement"
- Clipping (phonetics), shortening the articulation of a speech sound, usually a vowel
- Clipping (publications), the cutting-out of articles from a paper publication
Science and technology
- Coin clipping, shaving off a small portion of precious metal for profit
- Clipping (computer graphics), only drawing things that will be visible to the viewer
- Noclip mode, or "Noclipping", when the player or another object unrealistically passes through another object
- Clipping (gardening), pruning, removing unwanted portions from a plant
- Clipping (medicine), surgical treatment used to treat an aneurysm
- Clipping (signal processing), a form of distortion that limits a signal once it exceeds a threshold. Some forms include:
- Horse clipping, trimming all or part of a horse's fur horse short
- Sheep shearing
- Wing clipping, trimming a bird's primary flight feathers to disable flight
- Clipping (climbing), the process of protecting against a fall
- Clipping (gridiron football), a penalty in gridiron football
- Clipping (ice hockey), hitting an opposing player below the knees
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Clipping.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.