|Discipline||Laboratory medicine, transfusion medicine|
|Edited by||Michael F. Holick|
|Das ärztliche Laboratorium, Klinisches Labor|
Clinical Laboratory Publications
|ISO 4||Clin. Lab.|
Clinical Laboratory is a monthly peer-reviewed medical journal covering all aspects of laboratory medicine and transfusion medicine as well as tissue transplantation and hematopoietic, cellular, and gene therapies. It was established in 1955 as Das ärztliche Laboratorium: Zeitschrift für den Laboratoriumsarzt und die ärztliche Praxis. The title was changed to Klinisches Labor in 1991 with the English subtitle Clinical Laboratory. The English title became the sole title from 1997. The editor-in-chief is Michael F. Holick.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Chemical Abstracts, Current Contents/Clinical Medicine, Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed, Science Citation Index Expanded, and Scopus. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2015 impact factor of 1.224.
The following persons have been editor-in-chief of the journal:
- Heinrich Schmidt-Gayk (–2007)
- Michael F. Holick (since 2007)
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Archived from the original on 2010-02-11. Retrieved 2016-08-13.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2016-08-13.
- "Clinical Laboratory". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2016-08-13.
- "Content overview". Scopus. Elsevier. Retrieved 2016-08-13.
- "Clinical Laboratory". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.