|New York City Subway station (rapid transit)|
The west end of the platform
|Address||Cleveland Street & Fulton Street|
Brooklyn, NY 11208
|Line||BMT Jamaica Line|
BMT Lexington Avenue Line (formerly)
|Services||J (all times)|
|Transit connections||NYCT Bus: Q24|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||May 30, 1893|
|Passengers (2018)||901,928 10.9%|
|Rank||368 out of 424|
|Next north||Norwood Avenue: J |
(J skips to Crescent Street)
|Next south||Van Siclen Avenue: J |
(J skips to Alabama Avenue)
Cleveland Street (formerly Cleveland Avenue) is a skip-stop station on the BMT Jamaica Line of the New York City Subway in Brooklyn. It is served by the J train at all times, and the Z train skips this station when it operates.
This elevated station was originally built by the Brooklyn Elevated Railroad as the first station to be built along the Cypress Hills extension of the Lexington Avenue Elevated line, which was also shared by the Broadway Elevated east of Gates Avenue. The station opened on May 30, 1893. The station has been exclusively for the Jamaica Line since the closure of the Lexington Avenue Line in 1950.
|Southbound||← toward Broad Street (Alabama Avenue rush hours, Van Siclen Avenue other times)|
← does not stop here
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Northbound||→ toward Jamaica Center–Parsons/Archer (Crescent Street rush hours, Norwood Avenue other times) →|
→ does not stop here →
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent, MetroCard machines|
The station's only entrance and exit is a station house at the west end of the platform. It has a bank of two turnstiles, token booth, and one staircase going down to an elevated passageway beneath the tracks. Outside of fare control, there are two stairs, one to each western corner of Fulton and Cleveland Streets.
- "Trains Running This Morning". Brooklyn Daily Eagle. Brooklyn, NY. May 30, 1893. p. 10. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- "Station Developers' Information". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership 2013–2018". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. July 18, 2019. Retrieved July 18, 2019.
- Dougherty, Peter (2006) . Tracks of the New York City Subway 2006 (3rd ed.). Dougherty. OCLC 49777633 – via Google Books.
- Cox, Jeremiah (June 25, 2008). "Looking towards the canopied area of the platform at Cleveland Street by the station house that is attached at one end. The canopy coves maybe two cars". subwaynut.com. Retrieved January 31, 2019.
- Cox, Jeremiah (June 25, 2008). "The very small and narrow fare control area at Cleveland St sow just how small the station's platform is". subwaynut.com. Retrieved January 31, 2019.
- "Neighborhood Map: Cleveland St (J)" (PDF). mta.info. Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved November 18, 2018.
Media related to Cleveland Street (BMT Jamaica Line) at Wikimedia Commons