The Clerk of Tynwald is the chief administrator of the Court of Tynwald in the Isle of Man. He also serves as secretary to the House of Keys and counsel to the Speaker. He assists the president in managing the business of the House of Keys, keeps records of proceedings, and advises members on bills. He provides legal and parliamentary advice to all members and is therefore always a qualified lawyer.
List of Clerks of Tynwald
- Professor St. John Bates, 1987 - 2001
- Malachy Cornwell-Kelly LLB AKC MCMI, 2001 - 2008
- Roger Phillips LLB 2008–present
- Bruce McKain (31 August 1987). "Academic Quits Scotland to Take Isle of Man Job". The Glasgow Herald. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- "Tynwald of Today". Court of Tynwald. Archived from the original on December 3, 2008. Retrieved October 16, 2011.
- "New clerk of Tynwald is appointed". BBC. 25 June 2008. Retrieved 16 October 2011.