Claude Joli-Coeur is the 16th Government Film Commissioner and Chairman of the National Film Board of Canada. He was appointed to the post on November 27, 2014, after previously serving as interim Government Film Commissioner. A lawyer by training with a background in entertainment law as well as international co-productions, Joli-Coeur first joined the NFB in 2003, before becoming assistant commissioner in 2007.
On March 8, 2016, International Women's Day, Joli-Coeur announced a new gender-parity initiative at the NFB that will see half of all its production spending committed to films directed by women. On June 21, 2016, he received the "Please Adjust Your Set Award" from Women in Film + Television Vancouver, "which honours a person or organization that has made a major contribution to promote gender equality in film, television or screen based media."
Prior to joining the NFB, he worked for Astral Entertainment Group, as Director of Business Affairs and then as Vice President of Legal and Business Affairs, from 1987 to 1995. In 1995, he was appointed Vice President, Legal and International Affairs, at Le Groupe Coscient, a position he held for five years. From 2000 to 2002, he served as Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs, and Secretary at TVA International, as well as Vice President, Business Affairs, at Zone 3.
- Houpt, Simon (2 December 2014). "National Film Board of Canada appoints 11-year veteran Claude Joli-Coeur as new chair". Globe and Mail. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Zumberge, Marianne (2 December 2014). "National Film Board of Canada Appoints Claude Joli-Coeur as New Chair". Variety. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "Claude Joli-Coeur, nouveau président de l'ONF". La Presse (in French). The Canadian Press. 3 December 2014. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Taylor, Kate (9 March 2016). "NFB pledge for gender parity could spur change in Canadian film industry". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Vlessing, Etan (8 March 2016). "Canada Bankrolling More Female Directors to Close Gender Gap". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Mullen, Pat (21 June 2016). "Mina Shum, Claude Joli-Coeur Receive Spotlight Awards from WIFTV". Point of View. Documentary Organization of Canada. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "Government Film Commissioner and Chairperson of the NFB". National Film Board of Canada website. Government of Canada. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
| Government Film Commissioner and
Chairperson of the National Film Board of Canada
|This biographical article related to film in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Quebec biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|