Holt in 2014
Claire Rhiannon Holt
11 June 1988
(m. 2016; div. 2017)
Andrew Joblon (m. 2018)
Claire Rhiannon Holt (born 11 June 1988) is an Australian-American actress, known for her roles as Rebekah Mikaelson in the television series The Vampire Diaries and its spinoff series The Originals, Samara Cook in Pretty Little Liars, Emma in H2O: Just Add Water, and Kate in the survival horror film 47 Meters Down.
In 2006, Holt won the role of Emma Gilbert in the Network Ten children's television series H2O: Just Add Water. The show has earned a Logie Award and Nickelodeon Australia Kids' Choice Award. While the series was renewed for a third series, Holt left the show after series two after signing on for the sequel to the 2007 film The Messengers, titled Messengers 2: The Scarecrow. She was replaced by Indiana Evans. Filming took place in Sofia throughout 2008. Starring alongside Norman Reedus and Heather Stephens, the film was released 21 July 2009 straight-to-DVD.
In addition to television and film roles, Holt has appeared in advertisements for Dreamworld, Sizzler, and Queensland Lifesaving. BuddyTV ranked her number 55 on its TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2011 list.
In August 2011, Holt was confirmed to be in the TV series The Vampire Diaries as Rebekah. On 13 January 2013, The CW announced that Holt had joined the cast for the backdoor pilot of The Vampire Diaries spin-off The Originals, where she reprised her role as Rebekah Mikaelson. She exited the show as a series regular in the sixteenth episode of the first season, which aired in the U.S. on 11 March 2014. Holt returned to her role in the season one finale on 13 May 2014, and continued to periodically guest star on the series until its finale on 1 August 2018.
In 2014, Holt was linked to CBS' Supergirl, though she chose not to pursue it. She starred in NBC "event series" Aquarius as Charmain Tully. In 2016, she was cast in the romantic comedy film The Divorce Party, playing the role of Susan.
In 2017, Holt had a starring role, Kayla, in the ABC thriller drama television pilot Doomsday. Also that year, Holt starred as Kate in the underwater survival thriller film 47 Meters Down, opposite Mandy Moore and Matthew Modine, which was released in theaters on 16 June 2017.
In July 2015, Holt became engaged to longtime boyfriend, television producer Matthew Kaplan. The two were married in April 2016. On 27 April 2017, Kaplan filed for divorce from Holt, citing "irreconcilable differences". Holt subsequently filed in response on 2 May 2017, also asking for her name to be changed from Kaplan back to Holt.
On 3 December 2017, Holt announced her engagement to real estate executive Andrew Joblon. On 4 March 2018, Holt revealed on Instagram that she had suffered a miscarriage. Holt and Joblon were married on 18 August 2018. On 11 October 2018, Holt announced on Instagram that she was pregnant, and revealed on 19 November that she was expecting a son. On 28 March 2019, Holt gave birth to her son, James Holt Joblon.
|2009||Messengers 2: The Scarecrow||Lindsay Rollins|
|2012||Blue Like Jazz||Penny|
|2017||47 Meters Down||Kate|
|2019||The Divorce Party||Susan|
|2019||A Violent Separation||Abbey Campbell|
|2006–2008||H2O: Just Add Water||Emma Gilbert||51 episodes|
|2011||Mean Girls 2||Chastity Meyer||Television film|
|2011||Pretty Little Liars||Samara Cook||5 episodes|
|2011–2013||The Vampire Diaries||Rebekah Mikaelson||37 episodes|
|2013–2018||The Originals||34 episodes|
|2015–2016||Aquarius||Charmain Tully||22 episodes|
|2014||"We Are Done"||The Madden Brothers|
|2017||"Small Town Boy"||Dustin Lynch|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Sci-Fi/Fantasy||The Originals||Nominated|||
- "Claire Holt Biography". TVGuide.com. Archived from the original on 26 July 2016. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- "Claire Holt on Instagram: "Pretty special day for me today. I'M GOING TO BE A VOTER!"". Instagram. Retrieved 23 November 2019.
- "TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2011". BuddyTV.com. 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2012.
- Naoreen, Nuzhat (9 August 2011). "'Vampire Diaries' Casts Stefan's Ex: 5 Theories On Why She's Coming To Town". MTV. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- Swift, Andy (13 February 2013). "'The Originals' Scoop: Claire Holt Joins The 'Vampire Diaries' Spin-Off". HollywoodLife.com. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- Wieselman, Jarett (11 March 2014). "Claire Holt Exits The Originals". Buzzfeed.com. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Steinbeiser, Andrew (9 December 2014). "Claire Holt Not Expected To Play Supergirl". Comicbook.com. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "'The Divorce Party' Casting Call for Featured Roles". ProjectCasting.com. 4 November 2016. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2 March 2017). "Claire Holt To Topline 'Doomsday' ABC Drama Pilot". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- McNary, Dave (25 July 2016). "Mandy Moore's Shark Tale '47 Meters Down' Bought From Weinsteins". Variety. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- Corinthios, Aurelie (14 July 2015). "Claire Holt Is Engaged! Check out the Aquarius Actress's Ring". People. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Former 'The Originals' star Claire Holt gets married". AOL. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- Stone, Natalie (4 May 2017). "The Originals' Actress Claire Holt's Husband Files for Divorce One Day Before 1-Year Anniversary". People. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- Petit, Stephanie (3 December 2017). "The Originals Star Claire Holt Engaged to Andrew Joblon — 7 Months After Split From Matthew Kaplan". People. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- "Claire Holt on Instagram: "I took this photo 10 days ago, as I waited for surgery after my sweet little baby lost its heartbeat. I sent it to my fiancé in the waiting..."". Instagram. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
- Campbell, Kathy (19 August 2018). "The Originals' Claire Holt Marries Andrew Joblon: See Her Wedding Dress". US Weekly. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- Merrett, Robyn (11 October 2018). "Claire Holt Is Pregnant After Heartbreaking Miscarriage: 'You Never Forget the Deep Pain of Loss'". People. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- Hohman, Maura (20 November 2018). "Claire Holt Reveals She's Expecting a Boy — Despite Being 'Positively Certain' Baby Was a Girl". People. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Juneau, Jen (29 March 2019). "Meet James! Claire Holt Welcomes a Son with Husband Andrew Joblon". People.
- "Mean Girls 2". TV Guide. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "First Wave of 'Teen Choice 2014' Nominees Announced". Teen Choice Awards. 18 June 2014. Archived from the original on 1 July 2014. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Claire Holt.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Claire Holt|